cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to ECC connection issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am doing MM-SUS Interface. I am getting the PO Confirmation from SUS-XI-ECC. when getting the PO confirmationm, from XI to ECC connection is not available for some time . After getting the Connection from XI to ECC , the PO Confirmation it will goes to automatically or it required any manual intereption or it will throws any error. pls suggest me...

Thanks in advance,

Pasi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi..

>

> I am doing MM-SUS Interface. I am getting the PO Confirmation from SUS-XI-ECC. when getting the PO confirmationm, from XI to ECC connection is not available for some time . After getting the Connection from XI to ECC , the PO Confirmation it will goes to automatically or it required any manual intereption or it will throws any error. pls suggest me...

>

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Pasi.

if the connection is down, XI will try to resend the message for a default of 3 times.

If still the connection was down the message will go to a system error.

Once the connection is back, you can go to RWB -> Message Monitoring (Integration engine / adapter engine) and then resend the message manually ...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also refer this for automatic resend of messages - /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..Shabarish,

Thank you for ur immediate response.

you are saying that Manual interption is not required for Resending the PO Confirmation Messages from XI to ECC, Automatically its posible Scheduling the Reports..if i am wrong pls correct.

Regards,

Pasi.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you do not need to have manual intervention once the jobs for automatic restart are scheduled. This is applicable in Integration Engine, for Adapter Engine the method suggested is to increase the number of retries that are made to the target system to deliver the message.

For your confirmation I am quoting some lines from the blog which Shabz gave:

{code From the blog: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

In scenarios where XI was trying to send the message to an end system that was down for maintenance, you would want XI to

resubmit the message automatically without human intervention. What would be nice is to able to tune the retries like IS_Retry

which is available for Integration engine.{code}

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pasi,

Yes you are correct. But it is according to the setting you configured. By default it will try for 3 times (If you want you can still increase this number see naveens blog) and if still unavailable it goes to system error. Then if you have alerts you will get an alert message from xi production. Then user intervention is necessary, thats where support guys comes into picture :-). Now they can either resend the message once when teh system is up or do according to your requirements.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pasi,,

Have a look here :

similar to this you will find lots of threads .....make a serch by MM SUS interface in SDN ...will get enormous links..

Regards,