cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is any one has implemented SCPM? If yes what is the experience of the implementaion Project?

Is customer able to use the predefined KPI's for monitoring KPI effectively?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali and Ulrich,

Customer have installed and implemented this application successfully.

Next regarding you question on predefined KPI's, this is based on SCOR model. So if your business users are ok with this then it makes our life much easy to implement what is out of the box. Secondly you also need to have all the data that goes into making of each of the underlying KPI's. Typically what I have seen is customer are ok with the SCOR model based KPI hierarchy but are not concerned with all the KPI's (because some of the KPI's may not make sense in their industry).

Next Ulrich regarding using your own data model, you can absolutely consume existing data and build your own KPI's and plug that into the SCOR model or even build your own model. The application is flexible enough that you can customize the data model, modify or create new KPI's, change the definition of existing KPI's, create new scorecards and the list goes on. In fact we have a customer who has done this successfully.

Next regarding data load, you can extract and load data into the SCPM data model in BW using standard BW extractors (as mentioned in the extractor mapping guide). But there is always some data set that is not available in SAP systems, so those can be loaded using flat file. Ulrich for integration with APO, no we do not have any out of the box integration. But you should be able to create / expose extractors from APO into BW and load that data set into SCPM data model without any issue. For entering target or benchmark data we make use of integrated planning functionality in BW 7.0

I hope this clears some smoke around these topics. I know there are several topics that we are trying to discuss here, so please post them separately.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohit,

it sounds to me that you already participated within some SCPM projects.

I have in general two questions regarding your experiences

1 - Do you have any rough idea how many effort(man days) it would take just to implement the out of the box solution

based on sap erp system ?

2 - Are there customers really using the out of the box solution without any enhancements or is there always something to adjust within the predefined bw business content ?

3 - Are there customers that are using nothing of the scpm out of the box content and just use scpm web client to implement a management reporting basd on a custom kpi model ?

Best regards,

Moritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

1. For vanilla implementation the time line is around 8 - 10 weeks. The pre-requisites are fully functional BW (ABAP + JAVA stack), necessary extractors are installed and ready for use, necessary resources (Supply Chain functional knowledge, BW technical & functional knowledge, part-time basis resource, part-time security resource, SCPM knowledge). We have conducted POC' in as little as 4 - 6 weeks.

2. Any implementation always has some level of customization and enhancements, having said that we have customer who phase out their projects where they start off with as much out of the box KPI's as possible (with very minimal changes) which give them a good feel for the product and then work on moderate to complex KPI's. Also depending on the industry for which SCPM is being implemented they always have some KPI's that are ignored. As an example in food and beverages industry KPI's that measure documentation, damage and defect free KPI's are either ignored or removed. So there is always some level of changes during implementation.

3. We have customer on both ends of the spectrum, ones that use as much out of the box KPI's and data model and other who have their who data model and use only the UI component and build their own KPI structure / model.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

i'm not really sure if the customer is able to use the delivered content and data model out of the box. we're having a test system running and still facing some issues. i don't know if anyone of you has some knowledge on the data model but for me it seems to be a big workload to collect all the relevant flatfile data from the customer side. i don't know if anyone has some experiences in this area especially with the collection of flatfile data needed.

another question is how big is the effort to implement the scpm solution at cutomer side when they are just using the standard predelivered score model ?

does anyone of you have a how to guide where the different objects in scpm and their relationship is described ? our idea is to use our own bw data models to build the dashboards and kpr structures in scpm. but since now i couldn't find any document that describes this topic.

does anyone know if there is a integration in the sap scm apo planned ? i think there are partially many interesting figures in there that could be used to minimize the number of flatfiles needed.

and by the way...i think this question is not answered yet !

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marking as a Answered wtih No ans

0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Yes.. Some company have already completed the trial runs successfully on their test landscapes

Regards,

Pavan