cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/FM for Delivery Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a custom transaction I use to scan goods in a warehouse. The program collects all the material, qty, batch and serial number information and passes this information into the delivery using a BDC session, then the same BDC session performs the PGI.

I'm not happy with using BDC sessions for numerous reasons, mainly because the error handling capabilities suck and also because you should really use BDCs on Enjoy transactions.

I want to know what function modules or BAPIs can be used achieve the above results.

I've heard WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE is capable of doing everything i've mentioned, but I've not had one of our ABAPers look into it.

Can anyone let me know if they are doing something similar and how they do it?

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

To my knowledge, there are no BAPIs for that and any other FMs are "use at your own risk" (i.e. not released to the customers).

We used IDoc DELVRY01 to do the picking and PGI in the company where we didn't have WM, but for the sites with WM we had to use BDC and then IDocs for PGI. IDocs would be a good option if you already have an interface and are updating the deliveries from an external application, for example.

I doubt the FMs mentioned above would be a good option. The FM that you've mentioned is the one to update the deliveries, as far as I know. You'll find many examples in ABAP forum.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

Jelena what system are you using? This is an ECC6 implementation..... there are a few BAPIs which i've investigated a little further since yesterday such as BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE. This does everything I want except the PGI...... WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE can also be used to do everything, including the PGI, but it's a little more complicated than the BAPI.

Anyway I think I've got some good ideas to keep me going.

Thanks guys,

Mark

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We started implementation in 4.7 but then upgraded to ECC 6.0. No changes were made in the interfaces since they worked OK.

One of the reasons we used the IDocs was that they have built-in error handling. If there was an error in posting, a warehouse manager could see what the problem is, then fix it and re-process the IDoc. With FMs/BAPIs you'll have to do additional programming for that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure abt ws_delivery_update, however u can check FM/BAPI's like

RV_DELIVERY_CREATE

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_SLS -> create obd from sales order

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_STO -> from STO

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATENOREF -> w/o reference

SD_SHIPMENT_POST_GOODS_ISSUE -> for PGI

Regards,