cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Agent Candidate Management, SMD agents are still waiting to register

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have SAP Sol Man EHP1 SP19. We have installed SMD agents on CRM 6.0 successfully.

Completed the initial and basic setup.

In SAP Sol Man we can see the SMD agents under the Agent candidates Management with custom SLD option.

But when trying to attach SMD agents from SAP Sol Man for registration, it is waiting for ever. We are using the same user ID and password that we entered while installing the agent on CRM system and also tried with another super User exists in both managing and managed systems, still we are getting the same problem. SMD agents are still waiting for registration.

Appreciate you help...

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please check below points.

1. SLD parameters are correct.

2.in custom SLD select connection parameter and go to sld view.

3.select the agent you want to register and and enter correct user id & password in agent connection management.

4.this user id will exist in solman side as in this step you attach your agent to managing system that is solman.

Points if this helps...:-)

thanks

suveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suveer

Thanks for your comments.

We re-installed and restared the SMD agents succussfully in Managed system and also restarted the managed system before attaching SMD agents in Sol Man.

Ofcourse, in 'Agent candidates Management' without the correct parameters to Custom SLD, we cannot see the SMD agents of remote systems. currently every thing looks green in SLD view.

Yes we are entereing the correct user Id and Password while attaching the SMD agents in SolMan for registration. still showing status as waiting'

There suppose to be some error after SMD agents are not registered. Even after 2 to 3 hours still show waiting.... I have no idea where the problem is

Thanks

Edited by: kumar1999 on Aug 14, 2009 6:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the SMD agents still running?.

What about SMD view and What SLD option did you use for Installing the SMD agents. Is it Central SLD or with NO SLD option?.

Check for the Logs of SMD Agents to know Details pls.There should be some problem with Authorizations.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in agent candidat management, there is a button "Push SLD settings". I had the same problem as you mentioned, everwaiting agents; but after sending the SLD settings to them, it only took a few minutes and they were registered at SolMan.

So perhaps this could help u too...

Regards,

Dirk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What worked for me:

At the time the state was in: "waiting for agent registration" I went to "SMD View" and press "Push SLD Settings" for the specified agent.

Best Regards,
Catalin Diaconu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your input.

Yes, the SMD agents are up and running in Managed system

We installed SMD on Managed systems with Cental SLD which is our Sol Man. I ran the setup wizard script on managed system as well with P4 connection. Still I am unable to establish Sol Man connection with SMD

thanks!

Edited by: kumar1999 on Aug 26, 2009 12:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Did you check the SMD agent's Logs?. It can have some info on the issue.

Also, try push SLD settings option. So you get any entry, down in SMD view. Like-waiting to register?.

Do revert with the diagnosis.

Thanks,

Jagan