cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle online backup failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am scheduling a online backup for ECC 6.0 , oracle 10.2 to target NAS device. I have mentioned the error log.

BR0252E Function _mkdir() failed for '
<IPaddress>\backup\bebfoyky' at location BrDirCreate-1

BR0253E errno 13: Permission denied

I have created sapservice<sid> user in the NAS device. Anything i need to check more. Could anyone have any idea... please help me.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read SAP Note 113747 - Permissions for DBA tools BR*Tools and SAPDBA

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

I have followed the note. We are having windows environment for running SAP application.

Function mk_dir() failed . I have tried to backup through brtools and i am facing the same Permission denied issue.

The sapservicesid user was already created in the target device, is there anything else i need to do with network storage device ?

Kindly suggest me.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you orasid has proper roles at database level.

and as i think what is the ip that it is asking in the path .are you trying to do some thing on remote.

TO solve the above problem i think you will have to created a network drive for this

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check that the SAPServiceSID and SIDadm users belong to the Local Admins....

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Yes , both the users belongs to administrator group.

@ Rishi - The Ip address which i have mentioned in my earlier mess is the IP address of the network device.

It was working fine with another device, after changing it to the new target device i am facing this issue.

I have changed the target network path of the NAS in the init<sid>.sap, also i have restarted the instance as well.

Do i need to reboot the entire server to make the changes effect ?

Kindly suggest me.

BR0252E Function _mkdir() failed for '
<IP address of the NAS>\backup\bebfoyky' at location BrDirCreate-1

BR0253E errno 13: Permission denied

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you set a proper permission on the shared folder?

it is not enough only to create user, you have to set a permission on the folders.

Why do you give 'Everyone' to all permisstion on the folder and try if it works? then you change the permission later on.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue is resolved. The problem was the user id. I have created the user in all lowercase since it's unix OS and it works .

Thanks all

Raj

Answers (0)