cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Point Determination based on Ship-to-Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a business requirement where in a particular scenario the shipping point determination should be carried based on the shipping condition of Ship-to-party and not the Sold-to-Party.

How can we achieve it. Which user exit can be used for this purpose.

It would be really helpful if some can guide me with a logic i should writ in the functional spec.

I am planning to use a Z-table from where we can get the information such as

1) Plant

2) For which Ship-to-Party the logic should be triggered.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While determining Shipping point, system searches the "Shipping condition"

- 1st, it searches the Sales document type, if not found then

- 2nd, it takes from the Customer master of the Sold-to-party (Not Ship-to-party).

If you want to change it in the document then , you can change the Shipping Condition in Header details > Shipping tab, as required by you.

If you want that Shipping condition automatically should be taken from Ship-to-party always, I think, it is not possible in standard.

You need to discuss with your technical Consultant for enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can assign Shipping condition while you are creating SO, Based on the situation you can enter the Shipping condition data in the sales order and by which it will determine the Shipping point if you already maintain it.Here no need to assign the Shipping Condirtion in the Master data.

Rgds

Rheya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a New Shipping Condition as different from Sold-to Party Shipping Condition.Now maintain the same into the Ship-to Party Master Data with Account Group as Ship-to Party.

Now assign the same Shipping Condition , Plant & Loading Group in OVL2 to determine the Shipping Point.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The shipping condition is first pulled from ship-to party only by standard.

If the data is not availble at ship-to party level, then the system checks at sold-to party level.

So I dont think you need any extra efforts for this requirement. You can do a test to understand the logic.

If there are multiple ship-to parties, then when a sales order is created, the system displays the list of ship-to parties that are assigned to the sold-to party. The user can select the ship-to party and from this ship-to party the corresponding shipping condition is pulled for determining the shipping point.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its very simple solution and standard, no need to do development

Create customer under shipto party account group, assign this in to soldto party customer > Sales area data > Partner function.

You should assign shipping condition in Shipto party (customer master) > sales area data > shipping tab. so system search shipping piont combination of this shipping point with loading group from material master.

regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply. Let me explain the scenario again.

Lets take a Sold-to-Party = ABC company, Shipping condition 01

Ship -to party = XYZ center, Shipping condition 02

Ship to party = PQR Center, Shipping condition 03

Scenario 1

when sold to party is ABC and Ship-to-Party is XYZ we want the shipping point determination to be carried based on the Sold to party ABC which has a shipping condition 01

Scenario 2

When the sold-to-Party remains the same (ABC company) but the ship-to-party changes to PQR center we want the shipping point determination to be carried based on the shipping condition (03) which is for the Ship-to-Party

One thing to be noted here is that the Sold-to-Party remains the same.

How can we achieve it. Is there any standard functionality? Or should I have to write a functional spec?

Which user exit can be used?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the scenario explained, try to do the testing as below;

Scenario 1

when sold to party is ABC and Ship-to-Party is XYZ we want the shipping point determination to be carried based on the Sold to party ABC which has a shipping condition 01

Leave the shipping condition in the ship-to party XYZ customer master. Then the system pullls the details from sold-to party.

Scenario 2

When the sold-to-Party remains the same (ABC company) but the ship-to-party changes to PQR center we want the shipping point determination to be carried based on the shipping condition (03) which is for the Ship-to-Party

Keep the shipping condition in PQR ship-to customer master. The system will automatically pulls from PQR, when PQR is selected as ship-to party.

Remember that XYZ and PQR should be created as ship-to party account type and ABC should be created as sold-to account type.

Regards

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

This should be done using a user exit. The user exit which would be useful here is "USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_VBAP". This can be used for the above requirment. This is in the include "MV45AFZZ" .Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I agree to your approach. I will be maintaining all these ship-to-party and their shipping conditions in a Z-table.

Can you tell me at which point of program I should trigger the logic and replace the existing value of shipping condition with the value extracted from the z-table.

Can you please define a logic for it?

This will be a life saver.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try out this donu2019t know whether it will work or not.

Just remove the shipping condition from your ABC master data.

Store the shipping condition 01 in your XYZ master data.

Store the shipping condition 03 in your PQR master data.

Now check in your sales order whats happening.

I have one doubt generally which shipping condition system takes when you are creating the sales order.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you remove the Shipping Conditions if maintained in the Sales Document Type in VOV8.

Now there is no need to maintain any logic for Scenario 1.

For Scenario 2 , ,maintain the Logic if partner Function SH has Shipping Condition as "3" ,pick the same otherwise pick from SP Partner Function.

You can maintain the Same in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

Best Regards,

Ankur