cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP client can't connect to VDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are prototyping release 7.1. As part of this I am following the tutorial for the virtual directory server.

In the VDS interface the LDAP queries work fine, however, when using an external LDAP client (softerra ldap browser), the LDAP client can't retrieve any data. The error messages appear to relate to RootDSE content problems.

The server Root DSE class is set to default.

I imagine I am missing something simple but despite redoing the tutorial still no joy and I am at a loss.

Assistance will be appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following on some investigation I can now get the client LDAP browser to connect to the VDS, although this is still generating some errors.

The issue is related to the Root DSE class value defined in the VDS server properties on the u2018Classesu2019 tab.

The normal value is u2018Defaultu2019 however changing this to either

- MxIDStoreRootDSEClass

- MxTransparentRootDSE

Partially solves the issue.

Using the first class the client still complains about being able to load the schema entry from the VDS server.

Using the second class the client complains that there is an error loading the RootDSE entry from the VDS server.

Although in both cases the DIT loads so at least progress.

Any hints on why these 2 rootDSE classes work and the u2018Defaultu2019 and u2018MxRootDSEClassu2019 will not allow the external client LDAP to connect?

Thanks

Peter

Edited by: Peter Hofer on Aug 25, 2009 1:01 PM