cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload UIElement in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a Webdynpro Application in which i want to give the File Upload UI Element to the users to select a file and upload it .....this file now i want to pass it onto the Context and finally want to store it in the R/3 or Portal Database.....and then retrieve it later using a unique id with each creation ......how can i achieve this...? i tried using the tutorial 'Uploading and Downloading Files in Webdynpro Java' but could not get much help......

Any help would be highly appreciated....

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use the Webdynpro FileUPload UI elemnet for uploading the file to application server. Now if you want to store the file to teh R3 u can use adaptive RFC . Also you can store the file in the KM repository.

The tutorial - Uploading and Downloading Files in Webdynpro Java is the best example to implement the FileUpload UI Element.

Thanks

Ritushree

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about using the standard File upload feature available in KM?

You should be able to upload or download based on user roles/permission/tagging etc.

Thanks

Avik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help guys...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use the Webdynpro FileUPload UI elemnet for uploading the file to application server. Now if you want to store the file to teh R3 u can use adaptive RFC . Also you can store the file in the KM repository.

The tutorial - Uploading and Downloading Files in Webdynpro Java is the best example to implement the FileUpload UI Element.

Thanks

Ritushree

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Once you upload file using file Upload UI elements its get stored in WDResource Context , If you want to store it into databse problably you need JCA to connect with DB, once you get the connection then use normal java to store file into DB.

Thanks

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

what do you mean "could not get too much help"? Can not upload file?

using the standard UI element, the file is automatically transferred to context, after that it's your choice.

you can store it in db(pure java programing), call abap rfc to persist it in db of abap schema, or you can try some KM api to store the file in KM

Best regards,

john