cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Client version

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I find current oracle client version ? We are using oracle 10.2.0.2 with client 9.2 . I need to know exact version with patch level of the client.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This can be done by just executing tnsping and piping the output to a file and parsing that file for the version info. tnsping will get installed with each client install regardless of the install options choosen and itu2019s version is the same as the Oracle client dll versions. So this is what we can do:

Have a text file dynamically created with the version banner in it:

a. create a batch file called version.bat

b. put 1 line in test.bat:

tnsping > version.txt

c. execute version.bat

d. version.txt will have your version string in it

In the event of multiple Oracle homes, the one that is set as the default is the one that will be shown in this version information.

Thanks

Bharathi.Ch

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is NOT valid for SAP installations.

The client delivered by SAP is a reduced version of the client with "few" files. and it does not contain the tnsping.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharathi,

You have been reported before for copy&pasting other peoples work (in this case containing incorrect information...) and points-gaming with clone ID's to cheat the points system.

Your various user ID's will be deleted and you will loose all your points.

Julius

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He's already lost the points on this id...!

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The suggestion from Stefan is the only "known" method to find quickly the version for the oracle client 9i.

unfortunately, it does not work for all operating systems.

If you are on those OS, then the best is to download the latest one, and install it, that way you know you are in hte latest one.

Alternatively, you can extract it and compare the sizes and dates, that way you know if you have the latest one and, if not, you cn install it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 819829 - Oracle Instant Client Installation and Configuration on Unix

by the instant client directory and the commands mentioned in the above note. this might help you out

Edit: couldn's see the reply from Stefan. I will also try his suggestion for 9.2

Edited by: Anjali Sharma2 on Aug 13, 2009 12:16 AM

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mamun,

please check this post and my suggestion:

Regards

Stefan