Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading SolMan to EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Need a help,

I am in the process of upgrading the SolMan to EHP1.

I have read all the Docs available in SMP and also refered the Blogs.

Can any 1 please give the Brief steps that we need to follow to upgrade SolMan as i need to submit the request i need to specify the what all actions am going to perform. So i need the brief steps in order, that would of great help.

Our Kernel release is 700 SOlMan7. i know that we need to take SP to 17 before upgradation. But what abt Kernel level.

Here SP17 means is it only ABAP. Basis and Java or it it all the SP availabe in the system should be take to 17.

Please help.

Regards,

Sr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a user in Solman with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profiles which will be used to apply SPs

Request for Maintenance Cerificate on Solman ABAP+JAVA

Ensure there is enough free space in /usr/sap/trans

Take a full backup of Solman

Increasse the Number of dialog work processes in Solman

Increase the number of parallel processes to 5 in SPAM

If want, disable the archiving

ABAP:

Upgrade SPAM/SAINT to 35

upgrade Solman ABAP to SP17 using SPAM

upgrade ST-ICO component to 15

Upgrade all components which are not upgraded by stack upgrade to highest level

upgrade kernel to 7.01 SP03

upgrade solman ABAP to EhP1 using SAINT

Java:

Upgrade JSPM to the highest level

Upgrade Java to SP17 using JSPM

Download SPS tab file in XML from Marketplace for EhP1 and upload in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in

Update the custom value of the EventTimeout property to 120 to avoid errors during deployment of EhP1

Upgrade Java to 701,SP3 using JSPM

Post-EhP1

Run SGEN

Health check of the system

Take a full backup of Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Upgrade all components which are not upgraded by stack upgrade to highest level.

Does this mean i need to upgrade all the SP levels of all SP available in my system.

Upgrade Java to SP17 using JSPM

can you please let me know the path where i can download the Java SP17.

Download SPS tab file in XML from Marketplace for EhP1 and upload in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in

As per the note sapnote_0001169247, there are 2 XML files SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_70_EHP1.xml and SPSTab.xml.

whats the main use of these files, whats the mai purpose, what they contain. How they are useful in upgrading SolMan to EHP1.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Sr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help on this???

Regards,

Sr

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As per your available current system component, you will have to upgrade all the components, first to SP17 and then to EHP1, which is SP18.

It needs to be done through SAINT for ABAP Components and JSPM for java components.

You will have to go in Service market place in Solution Manager under EHP1, you will find all the components. But as per SAP Recommendation, it should be done through Maintanence optimizer, has it been configured ?

Use of XML file, is SAP knows, which all components your are going to update, JSPM first reads this file and then it proceed to deploy the .SCA files.

Before proceeding, please go through all the documents, your issues n concerns will be solved.

Answers (0)