cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion in PI 7.1 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on File (Text) to Proxy in PI 7.1 version and specified as following in the Content conversion

Document Name : MT_TW_AK

Document NameSpace : http://aiwcd.com/Claims_Management(CM)_Rel2.0

Record Structure : Record,*

Recordset Sequence : Ascending

ignoreRecordsetName : true

Record.fieldSeparator :

Record.fieldNames :

I have not specified anything in the Key Field Name and Keyfield Type,

however I am receiving the following error when I PI try to process the file

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 53 according to structure 'Record':java.lang.Exception: Consistency error: field(s) missing - specify 'lastFieldsOptional' parameter to allow this

Please let me know how to correct this error and process the file, what should be the value in the in the lastFieldoptional parameter If I need to specify

There is no seperater as well between the values, what should I specify in the Field seperator f none exists

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Follow other suggestion given in this thread and also it seems your file structure is missing some field. So please add Record.lastFieldsOptional as true and give it a try.

Actually .lastFieldsOptional is obselete. Try using it and if you get error then add Record.missingLastFields as true.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

Please find the details below which I gave

Document Name : MT_TW_AK

Document NameSpace : http://aiwcd.com/Claims_Management(CM)_Rel2.0

RecordSet Structure : Record,*

Recordset Sequence : Ascending

KeyField Name :TransactionUniqueIdentifier

Key Field Type : String (Case Sensitive)

-

IgnoreRecordsetName : true

Record.fieldSeparator :

Record.lastFieldsOptional:true

Record.fieldNames : TransmittalGroupNumber,TransmittalAccountingDate,RecordType,SubRecordType,TransactionUniqueIdentifier,InsuredReportNumber,UniqueBillID,Filler,CompanyNumber,AccountDate,RiskState,JurisdictionState,PolicyRecordID,PolicyEffectiveDate,TransactionID,TransactionType,BenefitType,KindofPaymentCode,KindofReserveCode,CentsIndicator,LossAmountSign,LossAmount,WCTRPAcknowledgmentCode,WCTRPErrorCode,WCTRPElementNumber,WCTRPElementName,WCTRPErrorDescription

Record.fieldFixedLengths: 4,8,2,1,8,25,30,18,4,8,2,2,30,8,2,2,2,3,3,1,1,10,2,4,5,40,400

Record.keyFieldValue: C

But still I receive the error as

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 53 according to structure 'Record':java.lang.Exception: Consistency error: field(s) missing - specify 'lastFieldsOptional' parameter to allow this

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

You dont need to give Record.fieldSeparator : because you already have given .fieldFixedLengths. Remove this and give a try.

You need to give only one. If you give lengths then no separator, if you dont give lenghts then fieldseparator is needed.

Also I asked you to try Record.missingLastFields as true if you use .fieldseparator. If possible can you put the file here so that somebody will help you.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

I am still receiving the same error,

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

It is working

Thanks a lot

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know its working PR,

PS its always good to assiagn points whoever help you because they are investing some time with your issue. Don't take it personally.

Cheers

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

I have assined Points now, Sorry, Thanks a lot for the help

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Satish,

I too facing the same issue like working in File to Idoc which has to ignore the last line from the file which is a footer.. how to do that... I tried all the option. I gave fieldNames, fieldFixedLengths, endSeparator, lastFieldsOptional.... so what is the error going to be still.... could you please help me ont his... Record':java.lang.Exception: Consistency error: field(s) missing - specify 'lastFieldsOptional' parameter to allow this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Record.fieldSeparator :

Record.fieldNames :

As i can see both parameters are empty you need to pass value in these. or

else use Record.fieldfixedLength .

The fieldfixedlength option would be used when the exact length of field is constant in the Sender, In the FCC the fieldfixedlength parameter carries the length of the each.

Check out Michal's blog on content conversion for all your doubts :/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

Kindly check the below links for further assistance.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

If there no separator then there must be fixed length ,you need to specify fieldFixedLengths for parameters now.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I correct this error

Thanks

PR