cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with uploading a file in Clustered Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with uploading a file in a clustered environment. I have an iview component which facilitates an upload action of an xml config file. The problem is that the upload of the modified XML file is reflected only in the central instance of the cluster and not in the dialog instances. The dialog instances hold the old config file.

Is there any solution to upload the file to all the nodes in the cluster.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a known problem with clustered environment. Remember that your portal component runs on just on dialog instance and it doesn't automatically have access to the other nodes. However, there are some ways to get around this

1. Use KM to store files. KM is a common repository for all application servers and therefore you needn't worry more

2. Use an external batch oriented product (suresync/robocopy) to synch folders on the different DIs. You basically use your existing portal component, but there is a batch job which makes sure the upload folder is identical on all DIs (however, there is a slight delay depending on how often you run the batch job)

3. Store the files on a shared disk directly from the portal component.

Cheers

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dagfinn, But is there any API for getting the reference of all the nodes in a cluster

rgds

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not any official that I know of.

You can use the telnet admin to get all the ids by

telnet <sap j2ee host> <telnet port>

<login as admin>

lsc

telnet port is 50008+instance nr*1000