cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Sales Text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run across something that I can not find an answer to. I have searched this Forum, OSS Notes, and tried to Google this as well. To make a long story short, we no longer have a SD Functional/Technical person and I am trying to learn as I go. When creating a Return (Doc Type RE), I enter a material which has no Sales Text for any of the Sales Orgs, but yet when I look at the Texts, I see a Material Sales Text. I have gone to the Material Master, added a Sales Text for the Sales Org I am working with, and the Text is bought in as I expect it to be on the RE. I then delete the Text, add the material to the RE, and again a Sales Text is being bought in even though no Sales Text exits in the Sales Org Views.

We are curerntly using version 4.7

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the text you see, does this text have something to do with your material, or is it a totally strange text?

such phantom texts can happen for unknown reasons - see OSS note 966625 for solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, they are totally Strange Texts. I have printed out the OSS Note you mentioned and also OSS Note 963314. This looks very promising. I will give them a try tomorrow morning as it is almost time to leave for the day. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen, this fixed my problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the Sales Order and then on the line item (or the header if you see the text there) and choose the Texts tab.

Then choose the Text and clic on the "log" button on the bottom of the text panel.

This will show you the basic text determination analysis and will tell exactly from where this text came from

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

I have done as you mentioned. For the Material Sales Text, all the Objects say the (VBBP) Requirement is not met and the Text can not be obtained or (MVKE) Text Does not Exist.

Any other suggestions?