cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Cluster Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Im doing a cluster installation - ECC 6.0 and im installing CI and during running of reports i get an error saying WRITE_FAILED,

I ran the report RADDBDIF in SE38 and it dumps with raise_exception and it says write failed.

During th input phase i gave the trans directory of DEV system.

Im doing a PRD install now, the user with which im installing has the rights to write in SAPTRANSHOST,

however im still getting the same error. Please see the details below

WARNING[E] 2009-08-12 22:12:02.214

FRF-00025 Unable to call function. Error message: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised. .

INFO 2009-08-12 22:12:02.214

RFC connection closed.

WARNING[E] 2009-08-12 22:12:02.214

MUT-03025 Caught ERfcExcept in Modulecall: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised..

ERROR 2009-08-12 22:12:02.229

FCO-00011 The step runRADDBDIF with step key |NW_Doublestack_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|12|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Reports|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|runRADDBDIF was executed with status ERROR .

I checked SAP Note 162266 and did not understood this line "<IP number of transport host> <Name of transp.host> SAPTRANSHOST" and this lin "dir
SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans".

Anotehr question which i have is can i install my PRD with local transport directory and after the installation , can i go ahead

and map this to DEV server. I mean DEV being the domain controller and PRD in the list of systems .

Inputs on this would be much appreciated

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Every one

I was able to get past that error ...

It was a Simple problem when SAPINST was asking me for the trans dir i gave it as
SAPTRANSHOST

and in Al11 it was shoiwing as

SAPTRANSHOST

added by me and 2
added by SAPINST and the directory was not acessible

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus ,

Thank you for ur reply

I did the same thing as you mentioned and i get an error when i execute the command

Can't exec external program (No such file or directory) WaitForSingleObject failedwith %d (No such device or address)

For SAPTRANSHOST i replaced it with our SAPvirtualhost

"
S356SAPECC\sapmnt\trans" and during the execution i get this error

At this point is it possible for me to uninstall only the CI instance and retry it again???

As im getting the error during CI instance installtion

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Im doing a PRD install now, the user with which im installing has the rights to write in SAPTRANSHOST,

???

SAPTRANSHOST is the host (the machine), not a directory.

> I checked SAP Note 162266 and did not understood this line "<IP number of transport host> <Name of transp.host> SAPTRANSHOST" and this lin "dir
SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans".

- execute SM49

- create a new command

- enter ZTESTTRANS" as command name

- enter "dir" as operating system command

- enter "
SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans" as parameters

- save

- execute

Does that work?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

i tried with the local transport directory and still im getting the same error ... not sure what i have to do..

If any one has faced this issue earlier please let me know

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed