cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Statistical Forecasting on Seasonal Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

In SCM 5.0 SAP has enhanced functionalities of SEASONAL PLANNING, for example "Macro Execution" etc. I would like to know whether it is possible to run statistical forecasting after consolidating data on planning book duly grouped for SEASONALl planning periods (by setting SEASONAL Calender)? Those who say that this feature it is not available, kindly look at the next query, posted by me as separate question.

SIVABAALAN.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivabaalan,

According to note 832393 - Release Restrictions for SCM 5.0 it is not possible.

Seasonality in Demand Planning

The seasonal planning functionality is neither available for SNP planning areas, nor for DP planning areas with Characteristics-Based Forecasting (CBF) or Bill of Material (BOM) functionality. Due to the technical realization of the seasonality functionality, planning on seasonal level can only be performed for key figures which are based on liveCache time series. The function to prevent time desegregation of data in the past will be active for time series based key figures in DP and SNP, but not for key figures with other data sources (e.g. orders or InfoProvider). It is not possible to access data on seasonal level via BAPI. Collaborative Planning is not available for season planning. Forecasting in background or interactively is not possible on seasonal level. When using the locking option u2018Detailed Locku2019 in planning areas with seasonal planning functionality, the key figure specific locking option (u2018Key-Figure-Specific Locku2019) is not available for technical reasons. When using the recommended liveCache locking option instead of the detailed locking, the key figure specific locking is available.

I haven't seen anything saying that you can in 5.1 or 7, so I guess it is a no too.

Basically it is used for interactive and macro.

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Answers (0)