Did you mean: 

Kernel Mismatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have one PRD server and three application servers ( 2 windows 2003

Server and 1 Linux RHEL4 Server).

PRD Server runs on Hp-unix environment kernel Location is /sapmnt/D01/exe

Application Server runs on Windows environment kernel Location is /usr/sap/D01/SYS/exe/nuc/NTAMD64

While we upgrading the SAP kernel 700 release from 175 to 201 to all

servers.

HP-unix & Windows servers kernel version shows correct version(201) but in the Linux

server it shows wrongly version(75).

Please advice to us where can i install new kernel in Linux server and

please mention path.

Regards

Senthil Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heelo

Because you have a heterogenous system landscape the automatic downloading of the Kernal will not work on your UNIX application server.

Try patching the Kernal manually on the UNIX machine, remember you must download the UNIX variant on the Kernal but make sure that it is also version 201.

I hope this helps

Anwar

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you having same SID for all the four servers? Or these are different installation? I am really confused.

In Linux server , can you check the Kernel files version in SYS/exe/run? If this contains the current version, it should show the correct patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sucesfully installed kernel version 201.

But sapmmc not started.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you having trouble launching the MMC application or Unable to view the instance in MMC?

If you are unable to view the instances in sapmmc then got to services and re-enter the OS login details ( for SAPService<SID>) and start the SAP services and then launch sapmmc to view the instances.

Vamsi Atluri