cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Usage name on wdThis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am enhancing the MSS General Information DC. I have created my own DC which should be used on server event when the user clicks on Job object in the Job Column. For this I have declared PCUI GP DCs as used DCs and in my component, defined a used component for FcObjectSelection (component usage). Also defined IVAC in Implemented Interfaces. When I write the following code in Interface Controller's onInit( ) method, I could not see the componet usage when I type wdThis and dot. Can any one give some clue.

fpm.attachComponentToUsage(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent(), wdThis.----

????? );

I am supposed to see wdThis.wdGetFcObjectSelectionComponentUsage. I can not figure out why I don't get the usage name from "wdThis" even the component usage is declared.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal and Pravesh,

Your suggestion is really helpful. I thought since I declared implemented interface i will automatically get reference to used DC. Thanks a lot. Anyways, while proceeding down the line ( following the wiki :- https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/How-to%20add%20a%20custom%20Web%20Dynpro%20iView%20to%... ), I came across a problem at Step 4 - "Adding the custom FPM-View to Standard FPM Application). After Creating the FPM View under the Self-Service Administrator Role, I can not get the "Add FPM View to Perspective" option in the context menu of FPM View. Could you please through some light on this. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Just to remember you, did you open the FPM Application before you get the option of "FPM View to Perspective" at your custom FPM iView? Do you understand what I mean?

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal.

Edited by: Gopal on Aug 13, 2009 3:03 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal and Pravesh,

That's fine. Here is my thanks in the SDN Way for the help so far.

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I did not expected you will respond so quickly indeed and some how I managed to find the path of FPM Application (GeneralInformation) my self and attached the fpm view to it my self. Then when I checked the thread you have given the same solution. Wonderful. Please let me complete my desired functionality (anyway maximum points are guarenteed :-). Your posts been very helpful.

I am supposed to get the corresponding perner (of that particular perner) when the user clicks on the Job name in Job Column. But in the FcObjectSelection Used Webdynpro Component, I can not see "SelectedJob" node like other available nodes as SelectedOrgUnit, SelectedPernr etc... Can I get the Perner into my custom application (FPM View that created now) on click of Job Name (in General information's table) using "SelectedObject Node". If you know it, please guide me into right way.

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Unfortunately I have not worked on customising MSS. The answers I was giving you were same with the case of ESS which I worked on. So, I was able to help in that aspect. I would suggest you to raise a new thread, so that many other experts would be interested in your query. Sorry, I can't be of any help from now on:-(

regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Can you please let me know the location of the FPM Application. I have created the FPM View under "Self-Service Administrator" Role. After creating it I can see the FPM View, but under "Manager Self Services" node (under portal_content) I can not see any iview, pages etc. Can you please tell me where the FPM Application is available (is it an iview) and if I can open it from "Self-Service Administrator" Role.

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The FPM Application should be the one that you are trying to add your custom FPM View. Which component of MSS are you trying to customise? Navigate as follows in the SelfService-Administrator Tab of your portal:-

Portal Content> Content Provided By SAP> srvconfig--> com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.mss

Now you should be able to find out the appropriate module of MSS from the list and lets say for example you are customising the "Approve Working Times" component of MSS. Then drill down in to this Forlder and you get three more sub-folders "FPM Applications", "FPM Views" and "Transport Package". Now go to the FPM Application and open the appropriate application and then proceed as I explained in my previous post.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any further issues. Don't forget to re ward.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I think you can resolve this issue by opening the "View" and go to the "Properties" tab of the View.

There in the required controllers table, click the "Add" button and this brings all the components within your project. You can select the required component and then reload the project. This might resolve the problem.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The defination of the component usage is not enough to get the reference of the component. You need to to do following:

1) If you wan to access the used component in the component controller code then go the properties tab of the component controller and add the used component in the list of Required Controllers.

2) If you wan to access the used component in the View code then go the properties tab of the View and add the used component in the list of Required Controllers.

This is required since you want to get the reference of the external DC through the defined used DC. In a normal scenario if you are accessing a component controller reference in a view then you dont have to explictly add it to the view controller properties. This is automatically taken care by the framework. However in case of used DC we have to explictly the add it to the list of Required Controllers.

I hope this clears you dobt. Kindlt feel free to revert back in case you need any further information on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh