cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check mode - GATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Honestly, Iu2019m not getting what CHECK MODE is. Does anyone could explain me?

I appreciate you attention.

Regards,

BDV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tibor,

I read this statement at SAP book.

You call the availability check from an SD application in SAP ECC. Is the check mode defined in the SAP SCM (APO) product master relevant for determining the check instructions? NO

I didnu2019t understandu2026

Thks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That check mode in APO product master is not relevant when the ATP check is called from R3 side. When it's called from R3 side, Requirement class is transferred to APO as the check mode at that moment for the ATP checking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great.

Thks a lot Hai Zeng.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are progressing Tibor

Thanks in advance.

BDV

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear BDV,

The check mode corresponds to the requirements type with requirements class in SAP R/3. The requirements type with requirements class is transferred from SD at runtime. No other application transfers a requirements class. In this case, the system reads the check mode in the SAP APO product master. This also applies in a rules-based ATP check for the subsequent requirements (substitutions). You should, therefore, have entered the check mode in the location-specific product master. To do so, from the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Master Data -> Product. Choose Location, enter the location product, and choose the ATP tab.

You can use the check mode to control which rounding procedure you want the system to use for rounding.

You can also use the check mode to control whether you want Capable-to-Promise (CTP) or the multilevel ATP check to be executed in the case of production.

If you have selected a check mode for a finished product that permits the multilevel ATP check, Capable-to-Promise (CTP) may on no account be configured in the check mode or in a rule (see location determination activity) for a component. Mixtures of multilevel ATP check and CTP are not supported.

You can find further information here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

under "General Settings for Global ATP" --> Maintain Check Mode.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tibor