cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent problem with MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I often face this very strange problem with MDM and i am sure many others have also faced this prob at some point.

On performing some function for some time in MDM say for eg:I use the Destination preview in the MDM syndicator.

After some time whenever i click on the Destination preview tab the Syndiactor appliaction jsut shuts down.with an error msg

saying that "the Syndiactor appliaction has come across some error and needs to Close down".

Why does this happen.When i was being using this function and all of a sudden the application come across an error.

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta

We also face this at times. You can reduce the chances for syndicator crashes.

1. In the configuration options select only 10 records for destination preview.

2.. Map properties is Supress unchanged records and during the same time a huge number of records has been changed and syndication manager is trying to read those records. Avoid the changes done when accessing syndication manager.

best regards

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your inputs.

But Syndicator is just one example of this kind of MDM crashes.

I have faced this problem even when using other functionalities like Export of MDM Data Manager.

What could be the explanation for this and many others?

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta

All these operations are CPU intensive and consumes lots of memory. When exporting huge number of records which have qualified links also the total number of rows to be exported are multiplied and consumes more moemory.

As a better practice importing huge files, exporting records from data manager etc should be done from a better configured machine with high RAM.

While executing these processes you can also monitor the CPU usage using Task manager and see at times it overflows.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am facing this issue evn when i am exporting a singel record.

I do not think it is got to do with CPU space here.

This prob mostly happens when i frequently use a function many number of times

But i dont know what cause it.

Any more pointers on this will be appreciated.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please raise an OSS note for the same with SAP for this.

Which version/build of MDM you are using/

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

A J,

Let us know the version which you are currently using? also test with the next immediate patch version available.

Make sure you uninstall the rich clients before you install the newer version.

thanks,

Alexander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

There are a few issues which are known for causing this problem.

1 - If you mapped the remote key of a lookup table with out mapping the remote key of the main table.

2 - if you are exporting to XML, and if you set the map to export all records to one file but the root element of the XSD schema is not a repeatable node (Marked with Pink Star)

3 - If you mapped Qualified table in a wrong way - When you map qualified table, you need to map the Father in the source to a repeatable node in the destination (For XML Only) and the descendant of the qualified lookup in the source to the descendant of the repeatable node element in the destination (XSD), If you map one of the descendants out of the iteration it could cause a crash.

4 - if you use an expression in the filter and the expression is wrong or doesn't make sense.

Hope it helps,

Best Regards.

Yaron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

There are a few issues which are known for causing this problem.

1 - If you mapped the remote key of a lookup table with out mapping the remote key of the main table.

2 - if you are exporting to XML, and if you set the map to export all records to one file but the root element of the XSD schema is not a repeatable node (Marked with Pink Star)

3 - If you mapped Qualified table in a wrong way - When you map qualified table, you need to map the Father in the source to a repeatable node in the destination (For XML Only) and the descendant of the qualified lookup in the source to the descendant of the repeatable node element in the destination (XSD), If you map one of the descendants out of the iteration it could cause a crash.

4 - if you use an expression in the filter and the expression is wrong or doesn't make sense.

Hope it helps,

Best Regards.

Yaron.