cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My answer was rejected....but why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I've received a mail from SDN indicating my post....sorry my answer (I didn't post the question) was rejected.

Ok that's no problem....I saw the engagement rules but I couldn't understand why my answer could be rejected, then I sent a mail asking why....nobody answerd me.

So now I post this thread hoping the moderator can aswer me and explain the reason, so I won't repeat the error next time:

I think it should be good if the mail would indicate the reason too, it's very frustrating not to know or not to can understand why.

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - it would be great if the e-mail could be more specific, but unfortunately, it's automatically generated and sent when the post is rejected. Can you provide more information on the nature of the question asked and your response?

Roib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

I can give the title of the post Find out working days, and my answer was Try to use the fm DAY_ATTRIBUTES_GET.

Now the problem is not for the post above or not only for this post...but it's generally.

I like to attend the forum, but I can spend a little of my time....I ve to work.

So if I've mistake for any reason, I would like to know

Thanks

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

They must have deleted the reply for answering basic questions. The same thing happened here today. Have a look at this

[]

It would be better if all the moderators lock the thread and provide a main reason like what Rob does rather than just deleting the reply

Edited by: vikred on Aug 12, 2009 7:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't give you a specific answer because I didn't reject it. Maybe the moderator who did could fill that in.

However, I found the thread and see that the original question was rejected as well. So I suspect the original one was rejected as being too basic. Generally questions about dates will be rejected for this reason. I think you'll find this in the updated rules of engagement somewhere.

Additionally, the moderators like to discourage people from answering basic questions as well and I think this may be what happened here.

Rather than rejecting posts outright, I prefer to lock them and give my reasons.This lets people see what is not allowed.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Rob

Anyway perhaps a day the mysterious moderator will explain me the reason

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also bear in mind that mistakes do happen

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I know it.....the moderator is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it -)

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Yes I know it.....the moderator is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it -)

>

> Max

Or do you mean "the moderator has a dirty job?"

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes perhaps it's better TO HAVE

Max

Answers (0)