cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

From an external non-sap server I have to send an XML to SAP. I'm using the HTTP adapter as the sender adapter, Please let me know the mechanism how the HTTP sender adapter gets the data from the external server which has to be transmitted. I have to expalin this thing to the client its very urgesnt... Pls help.

Regards,

Santosh....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The plain HTTP adapter gives application systems the option of communicating with the Integration Engine and exchanging business data using a plain HTTP connection.

The plain HTTP adapter is used by external systems to connect to the Integration Engine using the native HTTP interface (HTTP payload without SOAP envelope). These systems are connected using the Internet communication framework of the SAP Web Application Server. For this purpose, the Integration Engine HTTP inbound channel contains an HTTP service delivered by SAP, called /sap/xi/adapter_plain.

refer the links that I have given in my previous reply.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

Have you gone through fatima's input ?

those are enough to kickstart !!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this link [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/content.htm]

and refer this for the sample scenario [/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit]

and also see this thread [;

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Please let me know the mechanism how the HTTP sender adapter gets the data from the external server which has to be transmitte

external application invokes an HTTP service on PI (HTTP adapter)

with a set of data. HTTP adapter takes this data and sends to integration engine

that's all

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Please let me know the mechanism how the HTTP sender adapter gets the data from the external server which has to be transmitte

Thanks for your time to reply. I am a fresher in SAP XI actually can you please expalin the same thing in a broader manner for my understanding