cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new DC in existing software component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create new DC in a software component that is custom developed.

You can consider this as a totally build product and I want to extend the features implementing new DC.

I am able to import the development components, and when I try to create a new DC in the configuraition pool, I am anot able to select the vendor from the Vendor dropdown.

Can some one explain how to do this?

Is it possible to keep the software component as is, but copy the same to a custom namespace (with new vendor name newvendor.com) and create a dc in it. This way i can change the sc as is and make changes on new SC.

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Chinnu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you defined any name space prefixes in SLD

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thankyou for quick response.

I did not create any namespace prefixes in SLD.

Can you give me some clarity about name spaces? I am not very clear about the same.

About the SC i am trying to modify, it is not SAP deliverd SC, instead created under custom vendor name and I am able to import the DCs and hopefully check in the same.

Also, after seeing your reply, I checked for any available namespaces in SLD, and all I can see is sap.com/home etc., which are owned by SAP.

Do I have to create a new namespace with the vendor name to create new DCs?

Also, I get this error message when trying to create a new DC:

Syntax of 'sap.com/home/NewDC' is not valid: Name suffix must be spelled lower case: home/NewDC

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Chinnu

Edited by: Chinnu on Aug 14, 2009 10:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinnu,

to rectify this error Syntax of 'sap.com/home/NewDC' is not valid: Name suffix must be spelled lower case: home/NewDC

give newdc instead of NewDC

It's not mandatory to create a custom namespace but inorder to clearly differentiate sap things with custom things it is better to create custom namespace.

check this link

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42916;jsessionid=42895D1C4F9339B83A0B8E2247449CDF

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala,

Your reply solved my problem

Thanks and regards,

Chinnu

Answers (0)