cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element Name Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User wants to change the WBS element Name, but the field is greyed out.

User has the access to CJ02 but only the long text is open to change but WBS Element Name / ID field is freezed and can not be changed.

The current status of WBS element is released.

In Quality system I am able to change the WBS element Name / ID.

Please let me know what can be the reason for WBS Element name field being greyed out.

Thanks

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you not to give that type of authorization to users till the time it is not necessory . The same will create so much proble m afterwards realted to performance or project version table shown below in question.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Nitin.

You can not open any version witht he old name if they are already created and in at table level internal number is stored. When you change external number will get changed but not the internal number.

So for any report purpose or in any developments you are taking internal number and thru conversion exit converting it to external number then it will return old value not new value.

It will create lot of inconsistency in data once such volume of such instances grew.

If possible , set deletion indicator to that WBSE and create new one with desired name afresh.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Your user doesn't have Change WBSE Code authorization. This is the reason. Check with your Basis team to provide authorization for WBSE Change.

Authorization Objects -C_PROJ_VNR and C_PRPS_VNR

Activity - 02 (Change)

Hope this helps you !

Br,

Hari.

Edited by: Hari Krishna Kudaravalli on Aug 12, 2009 6:41 PM