Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have few queries related to MM.

1. Is It Possible to enter the Serial Number even after the GRN (Good Receipt note) is posted. If yes then how.

2. is it possible to define separate number range of material document for different Plant.

Thnx and regards,

Sheo Anand Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Is It Possible to enter the Serial Number even after the GRN (Good Receipt note) is posted.

NO. You cannot change the GR document. Also, it does not make sense to allow this , as the material could have got consumed already.

2. is it possible to define separate number range of material document for different Plant.

NO. you can do so only for every year ( see TCODE OMBT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitin,

OMBT Transaction just allowed me to create new number range for material document(for the start of new fiscal yr), but how can i link/define for various plant.

Thanx and Regards,

Sheo Anand Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said in my earlier post, you can<b>not</b> do that. Its common across all plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI can't help you with you first question. But for Material Master, the number range is controlled at client level. What you could do as a work around is create materials groups and assign a material type or group to each plant with its own number range and perhaps make those number ranges external. It will be difficult for you to control that the users select the correct group with the number range for that plant but it might work.

Sorry couldn't be more help.