cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set execution preferences between Data Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have 2 data Objects(one Bidrectional and another Upload Only) in my SWCV and according to my requirement i have to execute first DO(Bidirectional) before execution of Second DO(Upload Only).

Is there any way so that i can set execution preferences between these two DOs.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

DOE will process the messages in the order in which the client is sending them. So there is no way you can achieve this on the DOE server.

But you can definitely achieve this by setting the "SyncOrder" preference of these 2 data objects.

This will ensure that the client framework will prepare the messages for these data objects in the REQUIRED order only and hence you will get the desired behavior.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramnath,

How can we set this SyncOrder prefereces, could you please tell me in step by step manner.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on 7.10 SP07 or below, then you can refer to the SAP Note: 1310979 for the same.

If you are on SP08 or above, the report is already integrated in the standard code-lines.

You need to execute the report 'DOE_MAINTAIN_DO_SYNC_ORDER' and then set the sync-order of the data objects accordingly.

After setting the correct sync order , you will have re-import the model again into the NWDS and then re-deploy the application. After this, client framework would take care of sending the data object instances in the correct order.

NOTE: THIS FUNCTIONALITY IS RELEVANT ONLY FOR BACKWARD COMPATIBLE APPLICATIONS. (meaning the SWCV which are marked as 'Backward Compatible').

Regards,

Ramanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramnath,

We are on SP07 and in se38 i am not able to see 'DOE_MAINTAIN_DO_SYNC_ORDER' Report. Is there any other way through which we can set this syncOrder.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As mentioned in the above reply, you need to implement the specified note in your system.

Then only this report would be present in your system.

Unfortunately this is the only way to specify the sync order in 7.10 release.

In future releases, we have encorporated this feature in the DOE workbench (SDOE_WB) itself.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

One query : Will this work even if SWCV is not marked as 'uses NW04/04s application' ?

Atleast the report allows you to provide sequences for DOs part of any SWCV.

Do we restrict it only for backward compatible or its available for any application?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Execution preference is more related to the "Semantic Compression" capability of the application/framework than the "backward compatiblity" with 04/04s.

Whenever the semantic compression is enabled, sync order has to be present for the set of data object to ensure the correct order of the data going to the server.

As all the backward compatible applications are "Semantic compression enabled" this option is mandatory for those applications.

But non-backward compatible applications might also want to use "semantic compression" feature to reduce the traffic over the network. In this case, those applications will also need this feature. Hence this feature of settting the sync order is available for all the SWCVs.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

When you mean execution, does it mean precedence in which it gets processed in DOE? or the way it reaches device?

IF they are not dependenct objects, then processing in DOE can happen in any precedence even if data is pushed from backend in sequence..

If it is the sequencing for reaching device, then trigger extract will again send data in any order.

The reason being the processsing is done in different queues parallely.

Some workarounds can be tried like scheduling extract job giving some time gap between extract jobs for different DOs.

or is your requirement to push data to backend in some sequence?

Regards,

Liji