cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario : DB getu00B4s Data from ERP through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

is it possible that an partner (Lotus Notes Agent) gets data (example all Data from T001W) out of an SAP ERP System through XI ?

- without using IDoc, File.

Please give me some details about that.

Thanks,

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the information.

I would like to start a sync. WebService Call from the Lotus Notes Agent to the SAP XI/PI.

SAP PI converts the WebService to the RFC and transport the RFC Data via RFC Call to SAP ERP.

SAP ERP -> RFC to XI -> Webservice to LotusNotes.

Is that possible and suitable for that scenario ?

What about using the JDBC Adapter (Data gets stored in the Notes Database) ?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

You can see this document. Here he is integrating lotus webservice with EP, you can use the same method and try to integrate with PI instaed of EP.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/0cac0dea-0d01-0010-edb4-8c7b068f4677&override...

Also see this weblogs for any info you are looking for:

/people/sudheer.junnuthula2/blog/2006/11/17/integration-platforms-of-sap-r3-with-lotus-notes

/people/xiang.zhang2/blog/2007/02/01/how-to-guides-for-integrating-the-ibm-lotus-notes-domino-infrastructure-with-sap-xi

Also worth watching this threads:

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to go for JDBC adapter then instead of directly writing in the main database tables .... I would suggest you to create some temporary interface tables in the lotus notes database. Then write a program which will apply the validations and check for any data inconsistency and then load the data in the main database table. This is a good approach which we have used in many projects...also this will protect the system against the deadlocks and improve the performance ( as you want to go for synch scenario)

Personally, I would have preferred the webservice option though....

Also, the links provided by Satish earlier could be really helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet Singhal,

can you give me more details about the proxy -> Webservice Abroach ?

We have a lot of non SAP Systems (Oracle Db, Lotus Notes DB, etc.) to connect to XI and to SAP and backwards !!.

In SAP we would like to use IDoc cause of Standardprocessing.

any more details ?

Thanks,

Gordon

Edited by: Gordon Breuer on Aug 13, 2009 11:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

As i have mentioned in my previous relpy, on SAP side you can go for idoc, rfc or proxies. The selction between these options depend upon a lot of factors such as business requirement, complexity of message type, asynch/synch, data load, frquency, availability of standard idoc, etc;

1.Use Idoc adapter if standard idoc is available to meet the business requirements.

2 .Best option is to use a proxy while handling large volumes and developing a custom business processes.The biggest advantage of the proxy is that it always by passes the Adapter Engine and will directly interact with the application system and Integration engine - so it will and should give us a better performance

Following links might help you in one or other way :

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-simple-idoc-communication-using-sap-xi/

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection

of IDoc to Single File

On the reciever side, SOAP adapter could help you in consuming webservices.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Please get back to us if you have more doubts.

Pelase

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating an integration scenario you should be able to post xml message to the webservices. A concurrent program (Jave or any other language) needs to be developed on the database side which will do the validations and the post the data in the main tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

I came across a blog, which could be helpful for you :

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/10/20/consumingcalling-webservices-from-databases

Rgds,

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

we have developed a specific adapter for IBM Lotus Notes. If you have a lot of Lotus Notes databases, which should be integrated with other systems through XI/PI, maybe you can visit our website and take a deep look into our product -- Translator.

It is very easy to communicate with Lotus Notes DB using our adapter. Just forget the Webservice, SOAP adapter, JDBC adapter, Notes releases and so on. Just enter the server name, database name, view name user name and pass into our adapter, then it rocks.

Take a look. The Website is: www.conetweaversuite.com. The adapter is called Translator XI Notes adapter.

Best regards

Xiang

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

On sender sap side you can use : Proxies (preferred), rfc, idoc (if std available)...

On Partner side: you can use a SOAP adapter.

In many scneario's to integrate SAP with 1 srd party software: PRoxies./RFC to WEBSERVICES scenario is preferred.

Once you will send the data to webservice, you need to write a program which will then insert this data into the partner's database (after required validations !).

0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

if your Source SAP system based on WAS >= 6.20, then you can go with proxies, else you can use RFC at sender side to get the data.

Regards

Venkat