Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELTA FLOW

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can any one tell me the

1--Delta Flow from R/3 to BW --when the doc is posting where it is saved fro there hw to BW picks delta records ? (Interview Ques)

2--we hav 4 type of datasources in Generic

1. table 2. views 3. func 4. infoset query

can anyone tell me the Differences betwn them

when to go particular datasources in real time ?

Points are rewarded

Thanks in Adv

Linda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI linda,

Actually in logistics the delta is of three types so it depends on the type of delta we have

1. Direct delta.

When a Document is posted it first saved to the application table and also directly saved to the RSA7 (delta queue) from here it is being moved to BW.

so u can understand that for Delta flow inR/3 Delta queue is the exit point.

2. Queued Delta

When a document is posted it is saved to application table, and also saved to the Extraction Queue ( here is the different to direct delta) and you have to schedule a V3 job to move the data to the delta queue periodically and from their it is moved to BW.

3. Unserialized V3 update

When a document is posted it is saved to application table, and also saved to the Update tables (T-code SM13) and you have to schedule a V3 job to move the data to the delta queue periodically and from their it is moved to BW.

So the actual flow is

Application tables> Delta management-> RSA7---> BW.

And to your second question

We build a generic datasource on a table when we have to bring all the data of that table like its the only table we have to extract from.

But if we have multiple tables and we need few fields from each table we will create a view on all the tables by selecting the fields we want to extract and create a datasource to extract it. (its nothing but a virtual table)

If we have to do some calculations in the R/3 r else have to apply some business logic we will use function module.

infoset query i am not sure.....(i am also looking forward for an answer for this point.)

i think i am correct on the info i have given if anything wrong please correct me gurus.

thanks and regards

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur inputs Neel.

Can anyone throw some lights more on this

Thanks in Adv

Linda