Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new text field in Shopping Cart screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SRM and I am working on SRM 5.0

My requirement is to add a text field for buyer's note with unlimited length similar to Approver's note in Shopping Cart screen.

I have seen in the forum that many have done this earlier and i need step by step procedure to complete this task.

I am able to create text field in Text Schema, but this field is not reflecting in shopping cart screen. Do i need to do any thing extra apart from maintaining in Text schema?

Can you please send the detailed procedure to do this task?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vamsee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM 5.0. The requirement is to add a new text field with unlimited length similar to the existing Approveru2019s note field in Shopping Cart screen at header level.

As per the SDN previous comments, we can provide custom specific text fields by configuring Text Schema.

I have followed the steps mentioned below.

1.Go to SRM IMGSRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Text Schema

2.Execute Define Text Types and then select the entry BBP_PD Text Object and click on Text Type.

Here, create new entry for ID as ZHTXT and Description and save it.

3.Execute Define Text Schema and then select the existing Text Schema SC ( Shopping Cart) and click on Texts for Schema.

Here, assign the newly created Text ID with details Header/Item etc.

4.I am not executing the last step Define Fixed Values for Texts, as the Text Schema SC is already assigned Transaction Type Transaction Type SHC.

Please suggest do I need to perform any extra steps apart from Text Schema to reflect the Text ID which I created in my Shopping cart screen? Or do we need to code anything on ITS side?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vamsee

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi You must get it ZHTXT - description under the documents and attachments.

even today i discussed with kathir regarding some text issue.This is standard

if you defined text schema . you must get it under documents and attachments in sc folder.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you for your answer. Now, i am able to get it under Documents and Attachments tab at Item level.

My requirement is to get it at Header level. Even though, i defined the text ZHTXT in Text Schema at Header level, it does not appear at Header level. If i defined the text at Item level, then only it is appearing at Item level.

Can you please let me know how can i display the text at Header level? I need it adjacent to Notes for Approval text field under Additional Specification. Is there any restriction to add fields in that Header level space?

Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Vamsee

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

define text schema,sc and go toy your own schema

by workflow user in dispaly -in changeable and copyable no in the define text schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to create custom text fields at header level. I tried to add a new text field ZHTXT similar to the properties mentioned above as Approval note in Text Schema. But, it is not reflecting at header level.

Text Field-ZHTXT

Description: Buyer Note

Header/Item: Header

Visible: For Internal Users

Changeable:By Workflow User in Display mode

Copyable: No

But, when i make it at Item level, i am able to get it under Documents and Attachments.

Please clarify whether we can maintain custom text at header level or not? Can you please provide which property extra i need to maintain at header level?

Thank you.

Regards,

Vamsee

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vamsee

hope you could see some ztext before you order a cart.

i will check and let you know tomorrow .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Muthu.

Please try it and let me know whether you are able to add text field at Header level or not.

Regards,

Vamsee

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i do get under text overoview

where exactly want you to place the text like BUYER TEXT.

or note txt schema copy the same property with your ztext and try

BR

MUTHU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I am also able to get in Text Overview under Documents and Attachments section at Item level only. I need to add ZHTXT under Additional Specification at Header Level where Notes for Approval field is there.

Is it possible to add ZHTXT in this area? Please let me know.

Regards,

Vamsee

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry for all above confusions.

1.Go to SRM IMGSRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Text Schema

.Execute Define Text Types and then select the entry BBP_PD Text Object and click on Text Type.

Here, create new entry for ID as ZHTXT and Description and save it.

2. Define Text Schema and then select the existing Text Schema ZSC ( Shopping Cart) and click on Texts for Schema.

and define the texts (ZHTEXT -buyer note) to this ZSC

3..MAINTAIN THE ZSC text schema in the transaction type of sc

IF YOU DONT GET MAIL WITH ALL YOUR SCREENS

you must get them now.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked with SAP regarding this and we cannot add unlimited length fields at Header Level using Text Schema.We can do it only at item level.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks but in GOA it is possible for header item . I am sorry vamshi. i might misguided you.

br

muthu