SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is related to Version 7.2

I want to know why it is not possible to create contract account for business partner who has role category other than MKK. Using FPP1 business partners can be created only for partner role MKK whereas in TCode BP partners can be created for any role.

Requirement:

Can we configure creation of Business Partner which gives me option to create with two different series.

Can we add other partner roles so that I can have different series of BP for utility.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

FPP1 transaction is 'Create Contract Partner' and its is specific for Contract Partner. So, how will it allow you to create partner for different role.. : )

Further, you can create roles specific to your business requirement.

Let me know, if you require further help.

Regards,

Manish

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

FPP1 transaction is 'Create Contract Partner' and its is specific for Contract Partner. So, how will it allow you to create partner for different role.. : )

Further, you can create roles specific to your business requirement.

Let me know, if you require further help.

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can you please tell me how do I create a different series of contract partner. For eg : currently the BP created using FPP1 is in the range of 500000-599999. Now,I want to create contract partners in the range 600000-699999 also. By changing the Grouping. At present I am not able to create BP cause in IMG "Maintain Parameters for Creating Reference Customer in Standard System" does not allow duplicate entry of MKK with different customer group.

Let me know the additional config I shall do to let the system create BP in both the number ranges.

Thanks in advance.

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

You can change the number range in the group directly in Cross Application Components->SAP Business Partner->Business Partner->Assign Number ranges to grouping.

Assign the new number range over there and it would work.

Pratyasha

0 Kudos

Satyajeet,

Why do you want to create 2 number ranges for a single role? I mean, SAP will only assign a single number to that BP anyways.

If you want to extend your number range upto 699999, you can do it through SNRO.

Or,

You can create more Number range intervals as follows

No. From number To Number Current Number

01 0000000001 0000099999 50

MD 9000000000 9999999999 9000000179

MT 0000100000 0000999999

Then assign that Number range to BP Grouping in

SPRO -> Cross-Application Components -> Business Partner -> Number Ranges and Groupings -> Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Bisht on Aug 12, 2009 1:57 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Consider a Business scenario where there are two company codes ISU1 & ISU2. I want to identify the business partners of both the companies by the number range in which they are created.

Let me know if this is possible.

Satyajeet

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Satyajeet:

A business partner does not belong to a company code, so that type of analysis is not relevant. the company code is stored at the contract account level. If a legal entity does business with several companies within one system, then multiple contract accounts might be used. If you want to denote one company vs another, you can use some other flag or custom field to enable analysis or other processing depending on the requirements. The number range is not a good technique for managing this distinction .

regards, bill.