cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming the file in the Source Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a scenario where the file is left in the source directory after sending it to XI for processing. In order to exclude the file from next polling onwards , the file needs to be replaced . I know the solution is possible through Archiving or OS Command (which are not possible in my project)....Please let me know the feasibility through adapter module(if possible ,sample code pls) or any other solution ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: chitra l on Aug 12, 2009 12:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this blog that will help you to write adapter module

[/people/sandeep.jaiswal/blog/2008/05/13/adapter-module-to-stop-processing-of-duplicate-file-ftp-location

]

the blog is for different purpose but you can use that Idea to develop an adapter module .In the Module you have to write the code to connect to server again and rename the file .For the code refer the link as given above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chitra,

I donot think it is possible with custom adapter module because custom module always run before the standard sap module, and standard sap module is responsible for processing the file.

Kubra... i am not very sure how can we handle this in adapter module .

Do you have any clue then please share it?

Regards,

Kunaal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This blog would be useful for you, Though it rename the attachment file.

/people/francesco.bersani/blog/2007/03/27/rename-attachment-adapter-module

in the module configuration, set param.Attachment as MainDocument instead of %F and change the extension type as *.txt and AttachmentMimeType as Application/xml.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chitra,

Why do you want to go to the hardest route when you have a standard and simple route. The hardest would be to write an adapter module. The simplest way would be simply read the file and send it to the same folder with a different name. You dont need to do anything in IR also.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try for "delete".

Refer this:

Manisha

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it wouldnt be a good idea to code a module in your case.

the best would be to have another interface defined which will pick the file and post it to the same folder after renaming it (via receiver CC).