cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location sorting in batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

While during batch determination in process order I want to sort batches first according to storage locations that I defined in stock determination or in another customizing after this sorting I want to sort according to the characteristics in sorting rule. Is this possible? I tried to add storage location as characteristic but user must maintain this field manually so we don't want this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a short rule with a field storage location referencing MCHB table field LGORT.And then you assign the tcode MBC1for the movement type 261 (consumption).Please try the above.

hope this will help.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I tried to create characteristics giving reference in additional tab V_T434P -lgort and V_T434P -bprio but it didn't work.

My Customer wants that determining sloc priority during batch determination if even one batch exits in several storage locations.

SLOC Priority

1024 1

1000 2

Stocks :

Batch number SLoc Quantity

001 1000 1000 pc

001 1024 300 pc

My requirement 800 pc sorting must be like that

Batch number SLoc Quantity

001 1024 300 pc

001 1000 500 pc

Can you commend another solution for this?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer I assigned the lobm_lgort charac. to class and sort rule. After that I create new material and I assigned the class but lobm_lgort chrc. didn't came to material master, and also when I made good receipt for this material I checked via MSC2N.I couldn't see this characteristic in classification tab. that's why during batch determination didn't take into account sloc sorting and also I wonder if this characteristic come to batch data if one batch exits in differrent storage location which sloc value will be valid for this characteristic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

LOBM_LGORT is a reference characteristic and you won't find it's value in matertial master or batch, because the values are referred by system directly from the table field. If yoy see the additional data tab of that charact on CT04, you will see a table or structure assigned to it alongwith field name like LGORT.

Now as far as your reqt is concerned, I think it is not so easy because you have to refer two criterias here, first waht all locations are defined in stock determination for that plant and second what is the priority. Just try following:

Create two ref char

1. for Ref Storage loc with table V_T434P and field LGORT in it's additional data

2. For priority with table V_T434P and field BPRIO in additional data.

Now assign these to sort rule and check.

regards,

Uday

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sorting within the batch determination is to be executed by storage location This sorting is incorrect if:

1) the batch exists in several storage locations

2) the batch is not classified

3) the sort rule contains fields which are not contained in the batch class.

The characteristics LOBM_LGORT must not be contained in the batch class. Otherwise sorting according to these criteria does not work.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you try with LOBM_LGORT? You need to assign LOBM_LGORT in CU70 and your class then assign this class to material master.

Then define search procedure in COB1 or MBC1 Also note system will determine the batches according to this characteristics only.

Also check the setting of OPJ2.

Please try and come back

Regards,

R.Brahmankar