Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Installation # while raising Support Messages from Satellite systems

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have configured Service Desk in our landscape and i'm creating message from Satellite systems from Menu-Help-->Create Support Message, i'm able to create message sucessfully, but when i go and check in Sol Man system under service Desk, i'm not able to get correct Installation # for the SAP System for which i have generated the message.

I'm getting same issue for my Enterprise portal system also, which is only AS Java stack.

As this installation # is wrong, i can't move ahead and send this message to SAP for further analaysis.

Do we need to do any more configuration for this, please let me know, by which i can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have several SAP customer numbers?

check #1151450

Nesimi

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the installation number of the system in TCode SMSY (in Solution Manager.)

Check the installation number of the system through Menu System --> Status (in Satellite system)

Check in IB52 the details of the I Base Component picked for the Support Desk Message.

Are they all one and the same?

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked in SMSY & System status, there is no problem with Installation #.

Wat is to be exactly checked in IB52?

Thanks,

Anand.

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does your Support Message have the details of IBase and IBase Component or is it showing BLANK?

If Blank, then check the following

Go to TCode IB52

Give the Installed Base number (mostly 1 or 0)

In the following screen check whether you have maintained an IBase for that satellite System.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I can see Installation # in my message, but it is not correct #, something weird # appears.

Also, as you said, i checked IB52 and i can see Installed Base as 0, wat does it mean exactly?

Thanks,

Anand.

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i checked IB52 and i can see Installed Base as 0

I am not asking you the IBase Number.

I had said earlier

In the following screen check whether you have maintained an IBase for that satellite System

I

Give me that details.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can see only 1 entry as

01 as Ibase category, Installed Base as 1 and External ID for IBase as SOL_MAN_DATA_REP.

Please let me know, the path forward.

Thanks,

Anand.

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check

IMG->SAP Solution Manager --> Cross Setting Scenarios --> IBase

Here you would find required information.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

Edited by: R Rajesh Kumar on Aug 13, 2009 12:27 PM

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for giving exact path.

But can you please tell me, what to be done further in this?

As i can see System IBase system Installation # for all the system in SMSY, so not getting from where it is giving me wrong installation # while raising system message.

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Earlier you had said I can see Installation # in my message, but it is not correct #, something weird # appears.

Just do the following and check what number is shows for the said Satellite System

Call SMSY and select menu item Utilities - Analyses. In the area System Detail View Selection select Header Data. Execute. In the list sort by installation number

This is there in Note 1151450. Kindly go through the same as suggested by Nesimi.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I did check the setting in SMSY as you mentioned and all the data is correct.

Also, note # 1151450 is not useful to me, as i dont have more than 1 customer number.

Any more ideas???

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the support messages created from your other systems and tell me whether the IBase and IBase Component field is picked in the Fast Entry Tab or is it just blank. (Note that I am NOT asking about Installation #)

If blank, whether Sold-to-Party is getting picked up?

Are you using the standard SLFN or any of your own?

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is taking blank and Sold to party is also blank, there is no value there.

Wat is SLFN??

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Can you please tell me, from where i can activate IB52 tcode to be running on Satellite system, as for my ECC system, this is running and installation # is also showing correctly for this system, so can this be reason...just an weird thaught???

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SLFN is the standard Transaction Type for Support Desk Messages.

IMy suggestion is to Start Processing creation of your IBase

Go to IMG --> SAP Solution Manager --> Cross Setting Scenarios --> IBase --> Create the Component Systems and Assign as iBase Components

Choose Installation Cross Solution

Choose the systems for which you want to create IBase and continue.

Let me know once you complete the same.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is not with IBase # generation for SAP System, it has already been generated through SMSY, i'm unable to see the same Installation # while raising SAP SUpport message from Satellite systemHelpCreate Support Message.

As per knowledge, this IBase # will be useful, when i'm going to raise message through DNOTIF_CREATE.

Also, can you please tell me, from where we can activate tcode to run IB52, as this is not running presently on my servers and it is running on ECC system and on that system, there Installation # is showing correctly...so that may solve this thing...wild thaught

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

IBase # generation for SAP System, it has already been generated through SMSY

I feel you are confusing something else with IBase as it cannot be generated thru SMSY. If it is so, let me know how to generate.

Try Note (449330 - Support Desk: Incorrect installation number in message)

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

Edited by: R Rajesh Kumar on Aug 14, 2009 4:47 PM