cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling copy paste screenshot function from webdypro output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a webdynpro application. I have used formatted text view element the outout view. The requirement is when this text is displayed in output it should not be copied pasted nor screenshot can be taken for security reason.

This means when I execute the program and the text gets diesplayed in Internet Explorer copy paste function should be disable.

Printscreen option should also be disabled.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ofcourse you can set the properties of a textview. Even if you can disable copy and paste, you can not disable a screen shoot. This is neither a property of a textview nor of the page nor of the browser. A screen shoot is a function outside the browser that can not be disabled by the browser.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your point completely. But as you said that we can at least have a control on copy paste function ,can you please guide me disabling copy paste function from the output so that the text that is getting dispalyed in I.E cannot be copied by user.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you display the field as a password field, if that is feasible for you. So that it would be encrypted and displayed as (*).

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't believe that anyone ever said that you could disable cut and paste. This too is a function of the browser interacting with the OS. There is nothing that you can do from Web Dynpro to effect that.

I did a google search to how to avoid cut and paste in the browser. Even with full control over javascript and the HTML rendering (which you don't have in Web Dynpro) this is very difficult to do. Some suggestion are to use a CSS with a transparent image overlay or to render an image with the text. Even some of these approaches can be worked around by someone persistent enough - by viewing source for instance.

Also avoiding the screenshot is pretty much impossible and certainly isn't the responsibility of the application.

ananth_anni
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please elabrate on this , Which UI have to use and how to avoid the Copy , As thomas suggested it was not possible , can you please explain from your end how to proceed .

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this will not be possible. WebDynpro is a normal Browser-Application, with the restrictions of all Browser Application. You are playing in the Sandbox of the Browser. System manipulation like disable screen shoots are not possible from a Browser-Application.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the quick response.

But can we not set its(Formatted text view) property dynamically (or statically) so that it disables the required function.

Regards,

Abhishek