cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using (configuring) Internal Orders for Marketing Expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people, recently there is talk in where I work to implement Internal Orders for Marketing Expenses (I believe its for both external and internal). Now I am new to Internal Orders as I have only been studying it for less than a month, in a relativley limited scope.

My question is what would be the best apporach tackling internal orders with respect to marketing expenses.

Such concerns I have is

- The configuration of order types

- The proccess flow within the SAP system

Thank you all and take care.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad!!!

I need your help!!!, I need to configure IO for Marketing expenses in my project, can you show me how you did it??

I really appreciate your help!!

tks,

Catalina

sivaprasad_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Validations we can restrict the GL accounts relating to the Marketing expenses only to be posted to the Internal order.

(OR)

For all the GL's pertaining to the Marketing expenses assign a Field status group ( with Internal order required field)

Even if the user enters both internal order and cost centre, real posting will be made to internal order only.

You can get all advantages of Budget and availability control for this internal order.

SIVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are some steps to follow; Create a z order type for your use. Copy an existing order type use 400. Activate internal orers in the controlling area OKKP. Set up your settlement cost elements KA01 & KA06. Define the settle ement structure OKO6 for origin and settlement cost elements. assign the settlement struct. Maintain the settlement profile and assign it to your order type. Start off with a copy of 20. Define number ranges.

Orders are first created. Then the flow can be from PO to order to AP or from AP to order.

pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.