cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email PDF attachments not opening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

PDF attachments are not opening all of a sudden. I get an error message "Adobe Reader could not open <file> because it is either not a supported file type or becuase the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)". Programs that were generating correct PDFs very recently are generating damaged PDFs now. Any thoughts? All these PDFs are Smartform OTFs converted to PDF with CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_OTF', CALL FUNCTION 'QCE1_CONVERT' and finally call CALL FUNCTION 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1' to send the email. We have two variants of CALL FUNCTION 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1' one with attachments passed in contents_hex since contents_bin is obsolete in ECC6 and some still use contents_bin, when using contents_hex I do convert sring to hex using CALL FUNCTION 'SCMS_STRING_TO_XSTRING'. All these were working till sometime back. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following link.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thanks but that link did not solve my problem.. but i was able to look at my pdf preview with the otf returned by the smartform fm.. but it doesn't work when attached to an email.

Thanks,

Saravanan