cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Automatic Picking Setting in Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know, if there is any setting in IMG which will set the --> picking quantity = delivery quantity automatically in the outbound delivery creation mode. I know that if we mark 'immediate delivery' in sales doc customization, system will automatically do the picking & PGI in background just like cash sales or rush order. But, I don't want that option to use. The reason for this requirement is b'coz there are lots of orders/deliveries created for my customer in a single day and someone has to do the picking qty = delivery qty whenever the items are managed in batches.

Hope this much information is enough to understand the problem, if not then do let me know for more clarity.

Await your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have WM module active? As i feel Picking is most important function and it moves goods physically so its a required function. And if WM is not active then you can remove the picking step for doing setting for item category for not relevant for picking.

Check here SPRO > LE > Shipping > Picking > Define Relevant Item Categories

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

This thing is requried for the plants which are IM managed. You are right about WM active and there is two step picking as well for those WM managed plants.

I have seen all the possiblities in standard way, but couldn't find any option as per my requirement.

Hope this will clear my situation.

Regards,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh,

As per my view i also dont think this functionality can be possible as per standard. You can refer to suggestion provided by Csaba in this thread, see if it can help you, and in the mean time let me find out if i can get something....

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hrishi,

In order to make it automatic picking you have to define two settings in the system.

1) Shipping points(V_TVST) details screen enter the below details under "Print picking List"

Output Type EK00

Message Language EN

Number of Messages 1

Send Time 4

Transmission Medium 1

2)via transaction VP01SHP under "shipping (special case)(V4) and picking list (EK00)

enter your shipping point, output device, Name, Suffix1, Suffix 2

Shipping Point -

OutputDevice - LP01

Name - LIST1S

Suffix 1 - EK00

Suffix 2 - KOMMILISTE

The above setting should trigger automatic picking in DO

Sun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sun,

I will try and let you know with your suggestion.

Regards,

Hrishi

0 Kudos

Hi Hrishi,

The setting suggested by the sun is the correct setting to do the automaic picking in the delivery and out client is using thhis functionality successfully.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sun,

We are using the configuration suggested above. It works when an online user creates the order. However; when an order comes in via a B2B connection with a CPIC user, it fails to copy the picking quantity on the DN.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh

As per discussion in thread u need a better way out for reducing workload on user entering the picked quantity ,right?

Can u please check with wave picking functionality ,in which u can set picking parameters such as max no. of line items (batch wise ) ,Maximum load and define a timeslot. So this can be set as evening or EOD time when this transaction can be run into background and user has to process only those deliveries for picking ,where there are errors.

This way u will be able reduce workload and automate the functionality to some extent.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Can you please elaborate a bit on your suggestion?

Regards,

Hrishi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are looking ,that system should automatically enter the picked qty always equal to the delivery qty automatically without anybody manually entering the qty in the picking tab ( where warehouse is not active)

Then you need to go for development No standard customizing soln available

I know that if we mark 'immediate delivery' in sales doc customization, system will automatically do the picking & PGI in background just like cash sales or rush order. (your statement)

I dont think system will automatically do the picking & PGI in background just like cash sales or rush order. if you mark 'immediate delivery' in sales doc customization

*It will create delivery only other things we have to do or set a background job*

In cash sales item cate BVN is not relevant for picking and Rush order item category is TAN only and is relevant for picking (in standard SAP) In rush order also we need to do the picking

cash sales item cate BVN is not relevant for picking because cash sales as a business process a customer picks up a product from the shelf of a stores and pays for the picked qty ( picking and delivery happens in a single shot)

As per SAP the picking happens before sales order creation Hence marking the item category BVN as relevany for picking has no meaning here

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just one try.

1. Check the assignment of Plant/Storage location/Ware house (assignment must be there).

2. Activate Lean WM for your Warehouse number. (IMG > LE > Shipping > Picking > Lean WM > Define Control parameters and number ranges for Warehouse no.).

3.Lean WM control for your Plant/ Storage location/ Warehouse combination.

(IMG > LE > Shipping > Picking > Lean WM > Control "PLANT/STORAGE LOC/WAREHOUSE NO" assignment.).

For your combination , assign "Degree of activation"- 1.

"Storage type for picking"- 005.

I hope, Picking Area must have been defined by you for a Warehouse and Storage type combination.

Please check these above and try once.

If you want that, Transfer order should be created automatically when the Delivery document is saved then, use Output Type WMTA.