cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learing SAP HR Functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am planning to learn SAP HR Functional Module(training duration is 6 weeks), I have a QA background and don't have any experience in HR, So here are my concerns.

1. How is the market for HR module compared to FI/CO(or other modules).

2. How long will it take to learn and be ready to apply for Jobs in HR Module.

3. Links from where to start from.

Plz. let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jyo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyo,

Answering youre questions:

1) HR market is as big as FI/CO. Just think that every company has finance and human resource needs, in every industry, in every country, in every company size.

2) How long does you will take to learn HR and get ready to apply to HR job? Well, after the trainee that you are getting, you must have to get a trainee job, for a whole implementation project (1 year average) and after it, you may can apply (depending in what you have specialized like times, payroll, benefits, etc) to a job in the module that you have specielized.

3) lins: help.sap.com

Ruben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am planning to learn SAP HR Functional Module(training duration is 6 weeks), I have a QA background and don't have any experience in HR, So here are my concerns.

1. How is the market for HR module compared to FI/CO(or other modules).

2. How long will it take to learn and be ready to apply for Jobs in HR Module.

3. Links from where to start from.

Plz. let me know. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 years of experience in HR. And I am planning to take up SAP HR. Is it a good idea to take up SAP now?

How is the job market for SAP HR?

Thanks,

Vidhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhya,

The SAP Market in general, looks very good. Particularly SAP HR looks excellent. You will find lot of consultants with knowledge on PA (personnel Administration), Personnel Development etc., If I were to get into SAP HCM, I would focus on Payroll. It is because Payroll is very complex and challenging and it has lot of dependencies on other components such as PA, OM, PD etc. So if you focus on Payroll, you would, for sure, learn PA & OM too.

OR best thing to learn is Reporting. If you try to understand what each of SAP HR reports do, you will proabbly end up learning component by component.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baburaj,

Can you please tell me some of the good consulting companies in US for SAP HR Functional?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deloitte Consulting LLP

IBM

Accenture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhya

it Really good decision

go ahead

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jyothi,

First of all I appreciate your efforts to learn mySAP HCM(SAP HR is old name).

This includes a lot of sub-modules viz. Personnel admin, Personnel Development, Payroll, Org. Mgmt.,etc.

Now comes the question of your course which runs for around 6 weeks(as of what I quess).In this time you will be able to get an overview knowldege of the sub-modules(let us say important concepts).The next challenge is to get specialized knowledge.

This takes a lot of time(depending on your practice), if you didnot work in HR dept. before.In case you come from MBA background or so and specialized in HR then things may go pretty well.

Generally the trend in all modules is to start as technical person and shift to functional as the exp. teaches these automatically.Though it is same case with HR,companies tend to be inclined towards HR functional exp. people(ofcourse keeping in mind regional diffs.).

Keeping all these in mind,please take a wise decision which aids in your career growth.

Hope this helps you to come to a decision.

regards,

Bharat

Note:Please give pts. in case your question is answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

I have also been trained on SAP-HR/Payroll functional after spending around 3 years in SAP-HR as a technical person.

And I find the market very hard to get in.Everywhere they are asking for experienced people.

It needs a lot of luck to get a break as a HR Consultant if you are not from HR background.

Regards,

Sandip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having hired for SAP Consulting, I can tell you that SAP in the US won't look at people without an HR background for an HR Consultant position. The background, both from an experience standpoint and from an understanding of legal requirements, is invaluable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I have 5 yrs of exp post my Masters in HR, across domains.Am planning to invest full time into getting certified on SAP HR, functionally. Would request for your insight into whether the present market and the deamnd for this skill would make this move a good one?

Appreciate it,

Nalin

former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Defintely Yes. The market demand for SAP HR functional and technical consultants are very good at the current point and more than that, your domain experience should really help you to get yourself into SAP HR Consulting sphere.

Regards

Chandra

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1) Depends on your country. Like FICO, every company has to have HR. 😃 Personally, I wouldn't "chase" a particular skillset based on compensation. A big part of each functional module is actually having the background experience to apply it too (ie. most any accountant understands FICO because they first have experience in accounting before SAP...it's much harder the other way around).

(2) Depends on the person...and again, having the business experience first will help too. Also, most HR folks I know tend to specialize in one area (with monor specialization in others sometimes) such as Benefits, or Payroll, or Time Mgmt or Personnel Administration, or Recruiting, etc.

(3) SAP Press just released a good HR book. A couple of good SAP HR specific web sites around too..HR Expert or something like that is one.