Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security - ECC 5.0 upgrading to 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently on ECC 5.0 and soon to be reviewing upgrading to 6.0. I have a question concerning 6.0 security. I would like to know what is the new functionality. I suspect there can't be a whole lot of new features. Any help would be appreciated or guidance to new tcodes or features. I don't have 6.0 up yet and want to be prepared when it's available.

Thank You in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there, I have previously worked on 4.7 and I haven't noticed any differences in 6.0. Possibly there are some added roles due to the new functionalities in other areas that 6.0 offers, but I haven't seen any differences in PFCG, SU53, SU56, SU01 or various other security related transactions.

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some major changes on password policy( length, case-sensitivity,etc) and also SU24 maintainence window(check indicator maintainence, proposal manitainence).There are many minor changes also which actually we don't observe like role description length, minor layout changes in SUIM reports, etc.

some of the old transactions were replaced by some new transactions or the functionality included in another existing transactions. For example AL05, AL16 were made part of RZ20.and certainly there would be new auth. checks on some transactions.

It will be real hard to analyze things before hand by looking at the master guides.

The best way would be to analyse thru SU25(ofcourse after upgrade) which walks you thru the new stuff in comparision to old stuff in respective to every security entity.once you do an upgrade on your sandbox or other system, if you go thru SU25, SU24, profile parameters for passwords(Login/*), PRGN_CORR2( for changed transactions), etc that would get you prepared by the time you upgrade the main landscape( dev, QA, production).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is not a forum feature to mirror single threads to all the ERP solution forums and consolidate them in one thread.

But I think you should also ask a more specific question... or consider starting a wiki to document what you find - then others can add to it.

Generally, such "give me everything" questions go unanswered in my experience - but you will get some good advise as well (e.g. if you read Keerti's post carefully, then you will find some tables which are usefull search terms and things to check in your system in SU25, etc).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your input. This is very helpful.