cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partial lot in inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am a PP consultant this requirement is not geeting answered in PP forum so I posted it to this forum. please help.

our requirement is as follows,

1) Partial lot should be created from an inspection lot.

2) A new batch should be created for each partial lot

3) we should be able to result recording and UD for each partial lot.

At the time of GR i dont know what will be the quality of the batch. Only after inspection i come to the quality of the batch. It may be

100% ok,

70% ok and 30% rejected

70% ok, 20% rework and 10% rejected.

I want separate batch should be created for each result.

I have created the material with batch management and can transfer results to batch characteristics.

Now what i will have to do to map the above scenario.

Thanks

S J

Edited by: s j on Aug 12, 2009 10:52 AM

Edited by: s j on Aug 12, 2009 11:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

To meet your requirement the followings must be done.

1. Inspection Type 04 must be activated in QM view of the MM for this material in the same plant.

2. Here in the "detailed information in inspection type" select the value such as "For each material document, material, batch, and storage location." for the field "Control insLot" for the inspection type 04.

3. Now select the value "Partial Lot and Batch for each isnp. point" in the "Partial-lot assign." field at the Header Qualityt Data screen for the mater recipe (C202)

These three are the mandatory settings to be carried out, try them and let me know if any query arise.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

when i did setting in routing " partial lot and batch for each inspection point" system asks for an inspection point. I have not defined inspection point. still i used 100 (freely defined inspection point.)

I also made another changes suggested bu you but could not found any difference. An inspection lot is created and i did RR keeping chara open. (bcos if i make RR for whole quantity then how will i do RR for another batches.)

But While UD system asks me to forcefully close chara.

I could not find any partial lot creatiion.

I have configured in system so that the result recorded in quality is transfered to batch characteristics automatically. It is running successfully.

For that i have made folowing settings

In material master quality view inspection type 04

1. In classification view class type batch

2. QS41

3. Qs51

4. Ct04 crate chara and assign other value check

5. Create class of type 008 and assign chara to it

6. In qs51 assign class to selected set.

7. Create mic and assign characteristic to it.

8. Create inspection plan and assign mic to it.

Now please help me. I am desperately looking for answer.

Is there any setting which i have left.

S J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

The best way you should go is, keep inspection point as 200. But it will work for 100 also.

how will i do RR for another batches.

System will create new Inspection lot itself.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shyamal,

Thanks for your reply.

I have now maintained 200 in insp point field. After inspection lot is created I go to change inspection lot sample field and in

"No. Containers" i mentain partial quantity and save.

But the inspection lot is in created status and therefore i cant do RR.

I have not mentained any sampling procedure.

I also tried with selecting samling procedurebut then i cany enter quantity as "No. Containers" field is gray.

Am i doing the right thing.

I am very confused, where to enter the partial quantity.

Please guide.

S J

Edited by: s j on Aug 12, 2009 3:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Header of Routing Maintain your Inspection Point (Use 100 for testing for now)

Also, select "Partial lot and batch for each insp. point".

Check the Control Key assigned for the Operation, insp. char reqd indicator must be marked.

In the Operation details, maintain "Automatic Valuation based on insp. point defination"

Select "No Relation" radio button.

Whenever you release a Production Order Insp. Lot would be created.

Goto Results Recording Transaction, key in any number for Identification Inspection Point and press enter.

After recording the results, in Goto Menu click on " Data for Insp. Point".

You will get a pop-up, wherein click on create button for partial lot.

Enter short description for the partial lot. And then press enter.

After this, click on create batch tab and enter new btach number and ENTER.

Batch would be saved with the recorded results.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Edited by: KAPPETTU RAGHAVENDRA NAYAK on Aug 12, 2009 12:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S J,

See your prime concern is,,,,

Say your order quantity is 5000.

At the first GR against this Order you are confirming 1500 qnty

At the second GR against this Order you are confirming another 1500 qnty

At the first GR against this Order you are confirming the rest qnty

And you are in need to issue a separate Batch number to each Confirmation / GR against the Order?

Correct me if I am wrong any where!!!!

If this is the case, then

As i have suggested you Do the settings in Inspection type at material master QM view.

Then keep any of the Inspection point at the recipe..

Now as you are using recipe means there is a Process Industry and Process Order are associated!

So run trx CORY and set the value "No automatic batch creation in process order." for the field Auto Batch Creation

By doing this system will not create any Batch at the time of Process Order release. But the material is ticked for Batch-management hence it will create a batch at the time of GR / Confirmation against the Order.

Now

At the first GR against this Order you are confirming 1500 qnty it will create inspection lot ABC and Batch 123

At the second GR against this Order you are confirming another 1500 qnty it will create inspection lot BCD and Batch 234

At the first GR against this Order you are confirming the rest qnty it will create inspection lot CDE and Batch 345

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Syamal,

Thanks for your reply.

But my query is totally different.

i am using discrete manufacturing .( not PI)

My scenario is as follows

I have a production order of say 5000 meter

I make a GR of 1500 m where inspection lot is created.

here out of 1500 m afret QI i found

900 m A grade ( batch should be created and RR is to done)

300 m b grade ( batch should be created and RR is to done)

300 m c grade ( batch should be created and RR is to done)

ie i should be able to devide the inspection lot and a new batch should be created for each fraction.

please help to map this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, SJ,

Can you keep three different materials for Three different grade qualities.

If yes then,

Perform the stock posting for a lot in three part.

Don't perform UD, Straightaway reach to the Stock posting tab,

Make the 1st posting under the option "To new material" quantity 900m system will ask you for the material code where you want to post this stock to, give here the relevant material for grade A. And save.

Against come to QA11/12 to Make the 2nd posting under the option "To new material" quantity 300m system will ask you for the material code where you want to post this stock to, give here the relevant material for grade. And save.

Against come to QA11/12 to Make the 3rd Make the 1st posting under the option "To new material" quantity 300m system will ask you for the material code where you want to post this stock to, give here the relevant material for grade C. at this time you are completing the entire lot quantity hence you may perform the UD code also.

Regards

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

I cant change the material code as the client sell the material with the same material code. I have created three different storage location for A B C grade and i post the material to respective storage location. Planning is not done for B and C storage location.

Client sell the stock from B and C storage location with lower price to different customer.

Now i want batch should be posted to respectve storage location with RR so that chara should ger transfered to batch chara.

Thanks for your concerns.

Plaese help.

S J

Former Member
0 Kudos

SJ,

You can change the storage location also while performing the stock posting,

Make the 1st posting under the option "Unrestricted use" quantity 900m at the storage location for grade A. And save.

Against come to QA11/12 to Make the 2nd posting under the option "Unrestricted use" quantity 900m at the storage location for grade B. And save.

Against come to QA11/12 to Make the 3rd posting under the option "Unrestricted use" quantity 900m at the storage location for grade C, at this time you are completing the entire lot quantity hence you may perform the UD code also.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Aug 12, 2009 5:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

But strictly i cant change the mateial code. I have tested the scenario. even if i chage the material code new batch is not created.

When i enter new material number system asks me to enter existing batch number.

Please help

S J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I have not told you to change the material code in the last reply, I just asked you to post these three parts in three different storage locations which you have created as per your own reply. So keep the same material and change the storage location.

As per best of my information concern one can't split the batch in the same inspection lot. (At lest as per STD SAP, the development can elaborate some lights towards this way, I will also look for any room regrading the same.

Till then, best of luck sir!!!!!

Once again I would like to admit, I am not telling to change the material code in the last reply to this one.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

Thanks for showing so much concern to solve my query.

When i followed steps told by you, i found that i cannot post split quantity to same batch of inspection lot and different storage location.(System giving error message). So i enrered a new batch number and system created a new batch for that patial lot. After completion of UD i recorded characteristics for both batches. Thus my problem is solved.

Would you like to comment on this?

Thanks once again to pursue my query.

S J

Edited by: s j on Aug 13, 2009 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

Congratulation,

You are most welcome!!!!

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (0)