cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can qty be assigned to WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our requirement: Can we assign a quantity to WBS element and can there be a availability control for that quantity.

Example we created a WBS called Steel Material - the Quanity we want to plan is 20tonnes, Now the control we require is on PO created against , or components assigned to this WBS element should not exceed 20tonnes + tolerance.

This is just the same senario as of Budget - we allocate budget and provide tolerance to the budget.

Please help with this

Thanks,

Srihari.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a generic way to store quantities are User-Defined Fields for WBS elements.

Unfortunately the logic to check components quantities against a User-defined field has to implemented additionally. To do this

one can code an validation exit (that is executed while saving; validation is transaction OPSN).

Best regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

thanks for response , but Know that I can control budget. that is why I mentioned budget secenario.

I want the same way...I should have control on quantity.

what this means is I will plan 20 tonnes against a wbs element, at the time of execution my material quantity should not go beyond 20 tonnes

If it does system should pass an alert.

Thanks,

Srihari.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Project Availability Control : Tolerance Limit configuration and other Budget node related configuration for your requirement so control will be on Budget (Cost) and not on Qty.,

Regards,

Swapnil Kharul