cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials Management and Production Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've been searching for good reference materials on SAP R/3 PP and MM modules for a while now. Majority of available literature out there relates to implementation strategies and does not teach actual functionality and configuration of MM and PP modules.

So, dear SAP gurus, what resource (book, publisher, etc.) would I find most helpful if I wanted to get information on actual PP and MM functionality and configuration guidelines. For example, I need a book which would walk me through functional examples and configuration advice on implementing PP and MM (setting up material master, other master data, using X functions for Y business processes).

I sincerely thank you for your help in advance. I hope this will be the place where I find these resources.

Sasa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nitin , sasa and all others

i 'm kranti . i have recently completed my training in the PP module. i work in an MNC. At present i 'm working as a RTS but i would like to go through the enitre process how PP/MM is executed. can u give any sites where i can go through the practical examples of how they are implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

Where can i get release notes for 5.0

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Nitin, and than you for your response. I was able to find release notes for R/3 4.7 and answer other questions I had.

My main question still remains: is there a book out there which will walk me, step by step, through PP config, start to finish?

Thanks again.

Sasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, and than you again for your extremely fast response. I've had my eyes set on "Administering SAP R/3: The Production and Planning Module" by ASAP world consultancy for a while now. Did you read this book and if so, what do you think of it?

Thank you very much.

Sasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the SAP Online Help in PDFs - Very Easy to Find - A Really Good Tutorial ...

SAP Online Help (which is not in PDF files) can be printed only relatively complex and be found even sometimes as well. Therefore these PDFs are very helpful and they are a very good tutorial for users.

These PDFs cover nearly all topics of the 4.6C SAP Online Help, ordered in chapters and sorted alphabetical. They make the entrance to new topics you are not familiar with a lot easier.

Have fun with the following links as tutorial ...

http://www.easymarketplace.de/online-pdfs.php

Former Member
0 Kudos

amazing. Thank you. This will be very useful.

Any suggestions such as books used as training materials?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed these materials refer to version 4.6c. Anyway I can search for 4.7? Anywhere I can see the difference between different releases, e.g. between 4.6c and ECC?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go through the Release Notes for each of the versions after 4.6C ( 4.7 , ECC 5.0 & ECC 6.0)

Here is the Link for SAP ERP Central Component 6.0

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/43/688055b88f297ee10000000a422035/content.htm

You can pick up the similar Release Notes for any version you are interested in

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Did these work for you?