Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

validate data

Hi all:

can someone answer me the questions:

1. once i activate and schdule the process chain where do i need to check the data. is there any T-code

2. and how do i validate the data in a process chain?

Thanks

kedar

replied

Hi,

1. u can check the data in 'cube manage' or u can use 'listcube' to view the cube contents

2.u can't validate the data in processchain.

--You can compare the data from RSA3. Run RSA3 and save the data in a file and then compare with BW.

--you can compare the PSA data with R/3 to check whether your data transport is correct.

But its very much important the end result(with data in DataTargets ex.Infocube...) should be reconciled with the R/3 data to check your update and transfer rules are working fine.

The second part is too tricky since you cannot directly compare the reports while the formats and grouping are different.

you can execute the reports in R/3 and apply the Update and transfer conversions (atleast for random records) then reconcile with the BW data.

Take a look on the note: 543188

"How to Reconcile Data Between SAP Source Systems and SAP NetWeaver BI"

The Data Reconcilation procedure is still in the SAP action item for the future release.

But we can reconcile the data by extracting the reports and compare with the query output in Excel sheet.

Please check for a tool "ExcelCompare" in google which is really useful in comparing excel files.

-Shreya

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question