Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validate data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

can someone answer me the questions:

1. once i activate and schdule the process chain where do i need to check the data. is there any T-code

2. and how do i validate the data in a process chain?

Thanks

kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. u can check the data in 'cube manage' or u can use 'listcube' to view the cube contents

2.u can't validate the data in processchain.

--You can compare the data from RSA3. Run RSA3 and save the data in a file and then compare with BW.

--you can compare the PSA data with R/3 to check whether your data transport is correct.

But its very much important the end result(with data in DataTargets ex.Infocube...) should be reconciled with the R/3 data to check your update and transfer rules are working fine.

The second part is too tricky since you cannot directly compare the reports while the formats and grouping are different.

you can execute the reports in R/3 and apply the Update and transfer conversions (atleast for random records) then reconcile with the BW data.

Take a look on the note: 543188

"How to Reconcile Data Between SAP Source Systems and SAP NetWeaver BI"

The Data Reconcilation procedure is still in the SAP action item for the future release.

But we can reconcile the data by extracting the reports and compare with the query output in Excel sheet.

Please check for a tool "ExcelCompare" in google which is really useful in comparing excel files.

-Shreya

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´ve tryied to VALIDATE INFOCUBE DATA BY COMPARING IT WITH PSA DATA making the step by step contained in the HOW TO ...

The problem is that I have the following error when i activate the transfer rules after aggregating the infoobjet 0TCTREQUID and don´t know how to resolve it:

" IDoc segment /BIC/CICA7ZBW_RECEP_DI could not be assigned to IDoc ZSCA002

Message no. RSAR240

Diagnosis

The transfer structure is assigned to IDoc ZSCA002 as an IDoc segment for the data transfer between source system and Business Information Warehouse.

This assignment failed.

System response

IDoc segment /BIC/CICA7ZBW_RECEP_DI not known to IDoc V2&. Therefore, no data import can take place from the source system for this InfoSource."

Thanks in advance,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kedar,

for seeing the contents of cube u go to tcode listcube or mange tab

for ods go to se16

and if u want to see process chain jobs go to sm 37

for validating the data u can use reconcilation technique to make report on your cube and checking against r/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw you have implemented the how to validate INFOCUBE data agaist PSA. I´m having the next problem when i try to implement that how to paper:

The problem is that I have the following error when i activate the transfer rules after aggregating the infoobjet 0TCTREQUID and don´t know how to resolve it:

" IDoc segment /BIC/CICA7ZBW_RECEP_DI could not be assigned to IDoc ZSCA002

Message no. RSAR240

Diagnosis

The transfer structure is assigned to IDoc ZSCA002 as an IDoc segment for the data transfer between source system and Business Information Warehouse.

This assignment failed.

System response

IDoc segment /BIC/CICA7ZBW_RECEP_DI not known to IDoc V2&. Therefore, no data import can take place from the source system for this InfoSource."

Thanks in advance,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Data Validation:

Bye

Dinesh

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kedar,

1. for infocube, you can use t-code LISTCUBE to view contents. ods active table use SE16, table name /bic/a[odsname]00 or /bi0/a[odsname]00. using context menu rsa1->infoprovider->choose infoprovider, right click 'manage', 'contents'.

2. data validation is done manually, by checking the contents (with no.1), or comparing with psa

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/968dab90-0201-0010-c093-9d2...

://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/968dab90-0201-0010-c093-9d2a326969f1

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kedar

You can't validate data from Process chain.

Please see these links for Data validation

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7a5ee147-0501-0010-0a9d-f7a...

To compare PSA Data with Data Target

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/biw/how to validate infocube data by comparing it with psa data

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kedar,

Through process chain you will automate the process of data loading. The data will be stored in data target only. You need to go to manage tab of datra target to view and validate data.

Regards,

Praveen