cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Data Validation Of A Field Associated To A Check Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does Web Dynpro have an inherent functionality to validate input fields associated to a check table?

For example I created a structure with the field UNAME and defined USR02 as the check table for it. And then I defined a UI InputField in my View and bind it to UNAME. Web Dynpro does NOT seem to do an automatic validation to check if the value entered by the user exists in USR02.

Is there an interface or class that can be called in method WDDOBEFOREACTION to do the validation. Or do we just have to do some manual validation using SELECT statements?

Thanks.

Giscard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Giscard,

Web Dynpro does automatic validation when you assign the check table .

You need not write any code as such.

If the data which you entered is incorrect ,when you are trying to perform any action(like saving the data in data base or performing any further action with the wrong data that ia entered )

the system throws an error message as"USERNAME -

NOT IN THE SYSTEM'.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I DO NOT THINK that's how it works in Web Dynpro.

I have a UI InputField bound to an attribute with USR02 as the check table. It was not doing any validation. I was able to insert the entry into the table.

So I had to program the validation in the WDDOBEFOREACTION method of the view.

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked this same question in the past, as you already said you have to program the check against the table yourself when using Web Dynpro.

Refer this thread:

I reconfirmed this now in a 7.0 SP12 system. Maybe this is or will be enhanced in newer releases.

Regards