cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing/Uninstalling unneeded software components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a knucklehead type of question ...

After we installed SAP ERP 6.0 with EHP4 we noticed there are several software components that we do not need, in

particular SAP_HR. Is there a way to remove an entire component post installation or do I need to start from scratch with

solution manager and only select components I need (and bypass its recommendation)?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> After we installed SAP ERP 6.0 with EHP4 we noticed there are several software components that we do not need, in

> particular SAP_HR. Is there a way to remove an entire component post installation or do I need to start from scratch with

> solution manager and only select components I need (and bypass its recommendation)?

Since ERP 6.0 is defined and installed always with SAP_HR it can't be uninstalled. Even if you'd set up a new HR-only system SAP_APPL and all other components are installed too.

SAP_HR is tightly integrated into the application stack and hence it has to be patched/upgraded too. Not doing so may lead to problems with later upgrades.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Markus.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about software components such as IS-H (SAP Healthcare), IS-OIL?

The reason I ask is that we are looking to remove components like these that we will never use and were originally installed on our now ECC6.0 system.

Cheers, Jason.

Answers (0)