Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security: P_ORGXX and Portal authorizations conflict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing an issue when implementing object P_ORGXX. One of my roles need to have a restriction in infotype 0001, fields SACHP and SBMOD. I have created the role, tested, and the restriction worked fine. But that user needs to access ESS, as he is an employee too. When I assign the two roles to this user (portal and R3 role that has P_ORGXX restricted), the user cannot see its personal appraisals. If I update the object P_ORGXX including * in the two fields restricted, he can see them correctly in portal, but the role in R3 does not have a restriction in R3.

So my question is: is there a way to restrict portal to check object P_ORGXX? Or could it be possible for this user to have the two roles, seing his oun appraisals and his own people restricted by fields SACHP and SBMOD?

Every comment will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my experience, appriasals can be restricted with the object P_ORGIN. We have ess implemented in Portal and it do checks on P_orgin object.

SInce the user want to read hte information in portal, you can add one entry of P_ORGIN or P_ORGXX with read(R) permissions of infotype 0001.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my experience, appriasals can be restricted with the object P_ORGIN. We have ess implemented in Portal and it do checks on P_orgin object.

SInce the user want to read hte information in portal, you can add one entry of P_ORGIN or P_ORGXX with read(R) permissions of infotype 0001.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

-