cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to manage the timeout restriction based on a user group. For Group A I would like to enforce the 10 minute timeout and for Group B I don't want there to be a time out.

Do I need to remove the timeout restriction on the universe and then create a restriction to add it or is it the other way?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to disable the query execution time in the universe to apply your restrictions. When you define a new value for Query Execution in an Access Restriction and you assign that restriction to a user/Group, that new value will always apply to that user/Group regardless of the initial value defined at universe level. Even thougfh you define a value in the restriction that is larger than the one defined in the universe, the larger will apply.

The value defined in the universe applies only when no other value is defined in an Access Restriction for that user/Group.

Hope this helps.

Abdellatif Astito

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try in CMC for Giving specific time periods for different groups for universe(s).

Cheers,

Suresh A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I need to control how long the query execution will be allowed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For query execution time you can limit in Universe. In one of the universe parameters is SQL check it there.

Cheers,

Suresh A.