cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Reverse Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a issue with a reverse issue 262 and it put the material into 914 bin(GI area for Production Order).We tried LT10 but error message 'System cannot find source bin".

Please Help!

Kenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After GI reversal in this scenario the stock should be in 914 + dynamic bin. Can you see it there in LX02 / LT10? Are you able to select the quant in LT10?

I can't understand your problem because you generally get this error message if SAP seacrhes for the source bin based on your search strategy...

Could you describe which steps you did?

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All

Csaba,In LX02 the stock is showing as -2 .

While doing Lt10 it is giving error "System cannot find source storage bin"

Thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the quantity of quant in 914 is negative (-2pc) you cannot move it...that's all.

You mentioned in your first message that you reversed the goods issue. If you reversed the goods issue and the stock level in 914 was zero before the reverse movement you should have a +quant in 914.

Isn't it possible that you posted GI (e.g. mvt 261 10 pcs) --> the stock became negative --> you reversed only part of the GI quantity (e.g. 262 8 pcs) --> alltogether the stock level is negative (-2 pcs).

Generally, if you post GI in this scenario:

1. A negative quant appears in 914

2. A TR is created (if you process the TR, a TO will be created and the stock will be transferred from "normal" storage type to 914)

So, if you process the first TR (that is created for the GI) you will move the consumed qty in 914 (10 pcs). In this case you will have 8 pcs in the example.

remarks:

a) Whether a TR is created or not depends on your settings in WM/IM interface (SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Movement Types).

b) You can check the created TRs in trx LB10

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba,

I need one more clarification.

I was trying to issue material using MB1A Q .And mistakenly hit 282 Q and tried to correct it .Now have a item in WM stock in 914 storage type and cant clear it

I tried to do LT01 and confirmed it in LT12 to move the stock back but every time i tried to move the stock it increased -1 in 914 .

Initially i had 10 material in stock when i did Lt01 it did -1 in 914 bin.So how can i clear this 914 bin where i have -1 ,-1 there?

Thanks soo much for your input.

Kenny

Edited by: Kennlynn on Aug 13, 2009 11:49 PM

Edited by: Kennlynn on Aug 14, 2009 12:24 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand your question well.

What I understand is that you posted a GI by mvt 282Q and that's why SAP created a -quant in 914 and you want to "clear" the stock.

You can do it if you have suitable Q stock.

I mean that when you posted the GI by 282Q you had to give a WBS and the negative quant was created in Q+WBS in 914.

1. You have to find the suitable TR in LB10 and processing in the stock will be moved to the negative quant in 914 and your issue will be solved.

2. If you want to do manually you have to do it in LT01 / LT10

2a) in LT01 you have to give both "Q" and "WBS" on the initial screen.

2b) In LT10 you have to select the quant that is in the Q+WBS stock segement.

Please understand that you have to find a positive quant in normal storage type and move it to 914. The -quant in 914 and the positive quant in normal stoareg type have to have the same characteristics. (if there's no order in your WH it may happen that the positive quant is also in one of the interim storage types)

remark: if you want to reverse the 282Q GI, you cannot do it WM, you have to do it in IM then it will be reversed in WM too.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really appreciate your detailed explanation..

You mentioned LT01/LT10 so you mean i can use either of them .OR just use LT01 and than confirm it in LT12 ?

What is the diff in both ?

Thanks soo much

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both transaction (LT01 / LT10) is for manual stock transfer from bin to bon.

The difference is that in LT10 you can only select and move whole quant(s) (as per my best knowledge) whilst in LT01 you are able to move partial quantities.

Using LT10 you can mark the confirmation checkbox on the pop up window where you define the destination bin, in LT01 you can also put thick in the confirmation checkbox or you can use the mentioned LT12 (or LT22) transaction.

(In LT01 you can see the confirmation checkbox on the second screen on which you define the source&destination bins.

In LT10 you can move several quants at once (to the same destination bin) but in LT01 you can move only one item.

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kenny,

in LT10 u selected background or foreground?. if u have not tried with the foreground option, just try it n see(CntlSftF12)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kenny ,

LT10 is for stock transfer. Pls. clear your requiremenrt.

914 stotrage type is the interim storage type.

It moved to interim storage type means TR is created .

Now you have to create TO by lt06.

and confirm it by lt12.