cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Java proxies - landscape question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I could use a little help to learn Java Proxies, I'm just starting to get familiar with Java, I'm coming from the ABAP side.

First and foremost what do I need from the system point view?

We have an XI box and using file/FTP/IDoc adapters and also ABAP Proxies, I wrote some Java (mapping)functions, I am familiar with these.

But for a Java proxy, I would need a separate Java server(?) to run the application on, is this correct?

Can I use my own PC for this? (for learning purposes), I have NWDS installed on my PC.

What are the steps to write a small simple Java Proxy.

I would very much appreciate some help, guys, how do I start?

Thanks a lot,

Viktor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

You can have 2 types of Java proxies viz. client(putting data into xi pipeline) & server (xi pipeline sends request to these proxies.)

From system point of view, the requirements vary in case of these two. for server proxies you can have a webas java business system and associated technical system in sld.in case of client proxies, refer SAP note #809420.

<b>But for a Java proxy, I would need a separate Java server(?) to run the application on, is this correct?</b>

You do not need a separate Java server. The basic difference between ABAP proxies and Java proxies is ABAP proxies reside on the perticular application system(CRM or R/3) but java proxies reside on SAP Web AS J2EE stack of your XI server.

Just search SDN pointers on Java proxy developement and you will get good pointers. There is one How-to guide on service marketplace by the name "HowToWorkWithJavaProxies.pdf".

Regarding your dev environment, you can always make use of NWDS, you need to be very much familier with EJB concepts and deployment. Check help.sap.com for more details.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna/Amol,

Thanks for the explanation, it's much better to start with your help.

I will need to read these and get working on it.

And I'm also reading a Java for ABAPers book so I should soon get more familiar with the EJB concepts too.

But I'm sure this is not my last posted question on the topic...

Thanks again,

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viktor,

U need not code anything to create a java proxy. Just as u generate ABAP proxy we also generate java proxy and use the java classes that are generated.

I think u will need some java server to run the application on.

-Naveen.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

You can work from your own machine. Becuase in Java Proxy scenarios, you are deploying EAR files in the XI server, and thru XI , you are executing the method written in the Java Application.

Just check these links-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a068cf2f-0401-0010-2aa9-f5a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f272165e-0401-0010-b4a1-e7e...

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

Demo ~

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#jdi [original link is broken]

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy