cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntscmgr and SAPROUTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to get ntscmgr to add my saprouter as a service but when I do it fails to start.

On the command line if I issue the command

saprouter.exe -r u2013K "p: CN=SAPROUE, OU=0000862443, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"

The saprouter starts without a problem and my oss connections work.

When I try to add it as a service using the command;

ntscmgr install saprouter -b d:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -R D:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouttab -G D:\usr\sap\saprouter.log -K "p: CN=SAPROUTE, OU=0000862443, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE""

It shows up in the services but when I try to start it, it dies.

I've also tried it without the logging directory like this:

ntscmgr install saprouter -b d:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -R D:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouttab -K "p: CN=SAPROUTE, OU=0000862443, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE""

Any ideas why I cant get this service working right?

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to newly define the service from the command line: ntscmgr install saprouter -b <path>\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -W 60000 -R <path>\saprouttab -K p:<your_distinguished_name>"

Please check Note 525751 - Installation of the SNC SAPRouter as NT Service.

Thank you,

Shyam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. That was a big part of the problem.

I actually had Two problemsu2026 the first was that the ntscmgr command couldnu2019t handle the double u201C as per oss note 525751 I changed it to ^ and then edited the registry to change them back to u201C. Like you stated.

Also, the saprouter service by default was running under local system account. I needed to change that to run undr the id I created the certificates were registered with. Once I did that and restarted the service it worked properly. running the saprouter under the local id was no good.

Thanks,

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lee,

we had the same issue you were having. We set up the string correctly and even then the saprouter is not starting, it is getting terminated.

c:\SAPRouter\saprouter.exe service -r -W 60000 -R c:\SAPRouter\SAPROUTTAB -K "p:CN=xxxxx, OU=xxxxxx, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"

This is what we have in the registry.

We are getting the error Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

Any help?

Thanks

Kalyan