cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container definition for Abstract Synchronus Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying the simple scenario where the bpm process consumes soap request message (opens S/A bridge). After it queries another web services and sends back synchronously soap response, closing S/A bridge.

I've walked through different weblogs and forum posts but still not getting how the interface variables should be created in this case.

All my abstract interfaces are synchronous, and container definition for category "Abstract type" is only for Asynchronous interfaces.

Should I create two additional asynchronous interfaces with the same request/response message names to be able create interface variables?

And if message names are different in both soap calls should I create 4?

Thanks,

Evgeni

scenario is similar to the one described in the weblog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

but without call to the legacy system and instead of JDBC it is another webservice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a one Sync, Abstract Interface of type Req/Resp message. So this Abstract interface is used in the Recieve step of the BPM(opening of the Sync/Async Bridge). Once you receive this, you need to send this Req message Synchronously to the Receiver. And get the Response and send the Response back to the Sender.

For more~

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/83/d2a84028c9e469e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

One more thing, if your sender and Receiver both are synchrnous, then why you need to have BPM ? You can avoid, if you don't have any other business logic inside the BPM.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for replay,

>So this Abstract interface is used in the Recieve step of the BPM(opening of the Sync/Async Bridge).

I've created Abs Sync interface and used it in the Receive step. My problem is I can not assign value to the Message Name in the step Properties.

To assign value I need first create container. To create container I need provide Type which can be choosen from the list of the "Message interfaces". But the lisdt displays only Async Abs interfaces not Sync. How I should cre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for replay,

>So this Abstract interface is used in the Receive step of the BPM(opening of the Sync/Async Bridge).

I've created Abs Sync interface and used it in the Receive step. My problem is I can not assign value to the Message Name in the step Properties.

To assign value I need first create container. To create container I need provide Type, which can be selected from the list of the "Message interfaces". But the list displays only Async Abs interfaces not Sync. How I should create container for Sync Request message?

Looking on the help link you provided. How I should create following:

Container

Request

BpmPatternBridgeRequest

Response

BpmPatternBridgeResponse

Kind regards,

Evgeni.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In the Container, you need to have one Async, Abstract Interface of type Request.

And in the Properties of the Receiver Step(Open S/A Bridge) you can assign the Sync Absract Interface which is created against Synchrnous Interface column. But in the Message column , you need to assign the container variable created for the Req Type( Async, Absrtact of Request Message Type).

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanations!

Regards,

Evgeni.